Loader
logo

Recent posts

V9.0 / Text: "he Water Gardens", Dron...
Last post by tos1 - February 08, 2024, 09:27:13 AM
---- Missing only one letter "T" at the beginning?
str_tyrene_home_recap|he Water Gardens are the closest thing I know as home. I only have faint recollections of my septa mother reading The Seven-Pointed Star to me.
---- Drone --> Dorne
str_tyrene_kingsupport_2|I will miss killing your enemies for the time I am away, but I will travel to Drone to attempt to sway the people to follow you. Just save me a few prisoners until I get back.
----

- Game version (and steam or downloaded):
AWoIaF v9.1, v8.2, v8.1. Warband v1.174 downloaded
V9.0 / Missing king-support question ...
Last post by tos1 - February 08, 2024, 09:18:16 AM
There is no player's choice "I suppose you know that I aspire to be..." when the player asked Nymeria. In case of many other companions including other Sand Snakes, the choice exists.

----
dlga_member_question_2:member_kingsupport_1
I suppose you know that I aspire to be {reg59?Queen:King} of this land?
----

The conversation with Nymeria (str_nymeria_kingsupport_xxxx) seems to be prepared but not to be used. For example:

----
str_nymeria_kingsupport_1
So, you fancy yourself as the claimant of the Iron Throne? I imagine you would make as fine a ruler as you do a warrior.
----
str_nymeria_kingsupport_2
Then I will leave at once to Dorne and gain support for you from my families banner men.
----

- How to reproduce it/when/why it happens:
(Spoiler)
Start a new game with a specific condition needed, visit a specific place, hire Nymeria, talk to her from the party member list. Select "I'd like to ask you something.". Compare the player's choices with others. There's one missing.

AWoIaF v9.1, Warband v1.174 downloaded
Help & Support / Graphics error
Last post by CLU3HD - February 07, 2024, 04:15:49 AM
Ive noticed when playing recently that in battles there is this weird sparkle/shining effect similar to a lens flare appearing when moving the camera around appearing mostly from the ground, im not sure whats causing it but any help would be appreciated
V9.0 / hostile civilians in city ambu...
Last post by rumpelstilzz - February 06, 2024, 08:31:52 AM
During the random event of bandit ambush on entering cities, I am frequently attacked be unarmed civilians. They count as hostile, but only attack on close range, which means I have to scour the whole city and kill all of them so the event can end. Tab out only responds: You cannot leave now.

unrelated:
Is there any option (combat difficulty?) to prevent allied lords from charging into the enemy alone and dying?
V9.0 / Goal of the Always Winter ques...
Last post by tos1 - February 03, 2024, 09:11:31 AM
Near the end of the quests in the northern region, after the player accept the request from Jeor to scout the Land of Always Winter, the purpose of the scout is not written in the quest description.
----
qstr_You_must_gather_a_sm
You must gather a small force and possibly a Valyrian weapon and scout the lands of always winter. Return to the Lord Commander to relay your findings.
----

Many players may be likely to get lost (like me). It would be okay while the player remember the series of conversations with Jeor Mormont, but the player will forget it after a while between plays. In reality, the quest is completed when the player character meet a group of White Walkers, so it seems like the quest description needs additional information that includes Jeor's words like "the bigger threat than Wildings" or more direct "White Walkers".

Jeor's words just before the player accepts "The Lands of Always Winter" quest:

---- Jeor
dlga_lord_10_btb_quest:lord_10_btb_quest1
Well, this is most unfortunate. I fear we will not last long if the Wildings decide to attack our walls and I have heard rumours of an even bigger threat stirring in the depths of the far north.
---- Jeor
dlga_lord_10_btb_quest1:lord_10_btb_quest2|I'm afraid it's up to you now {playername}. I shall need you to gather a small army and scout the lands of always winter and see what truth these rumours hold.
---- Jeor
dlga_lord_10_btb_quest2:lord_10_btb_quest3|Jon Snow will accompany you. He holds a Valyrian weapon and if the rumours are indeed true then mere mortal weapons will be useless against these creatures. He knows the lands north of the wall better than anyone and he can vouch for anything you witness whilst out there.
----

As you see, the words "White Walkers" is not spoken here though it was spoken by both the player character and Jeor in the preceding quests. Not all players may remember it when she/he accepts the Always Winter quest. Especially if she/he saw the words and then resume playing again a week or so later.

Start a new game from Westeros, accept the first quest to the North, complete all preceding quests and accept the scout quest from Jeor Mormont, use Q key to read the description of the quest "The Lands of Always Winter".

AWoIaF v9.1, v8.2, v8.1, v7.11. Warband v1.174 downloaded
V9.0 / Re: Winner/loser names after d...
Last post by tos1 - February 02, 2024, 07:27:36 PM
It would be easy to delete the choice of duel, but duels are probably the only opportunity to have the fun of "slowly appreciating" armor, weapons, and the strength of such special opponent. Of course, you are the one who decides. :)

Edited to add on Feb 3 2024 UTC:
I've just remembered. There were chances that the problem (at least win-case) has occurred at duels with any parties when AWoIaF v8.1, and I've already pointed out that in the topic;
The player defeats herself/himself
V9.0 / Re: Winner/loser names after d...
Last post by Produno - February 02, 2024, 11:11:18 AM
Ah ok. Thanks for the thorough report!

We should probably stop these duels from happening with quest characters as it may mess up other stuff to do with the quest.
V9.0 / [FIXED at v9.3] Winner/loser n...
Last post by tos1 - February 02, 2024, 10:01:01 AM
While the "Blood Sacrifice" quest by Draqen Ormatis of Qohor, the player have a (random) chance to duel with the enemy (Calypso Eranelar) before starting the battle with Calypso's army. In each case that you won or lost the duel, the winner's/loser's name is wrong.

----
The duel is over, and you have defeated xxxxxx. Bards will...
----
xxxxxx was an opponent too skilled for you. You have been defeated. While xxxxxx's fame will grow...
----

As long as I checked several times, all of the three xxxxxx above was the player name. It must be "High Bearded Priest Calypso Eranelar".

Note that the one-on-one duel happens randomly. In order to recreate the situation, we must repeat till the duel happens and repeat the duel at least twice to check both cases (win/lose).

The case of the Sparrow may have the same problem but I've not check it. Please check also it. On the other hand, there seems to be no problem in case that the opponent is one of lords met in the world map, as far as I tried with 7-8 factions.

Related lines in csv:

---- Calypso Eranelar
dlga_bearded_priests_introduce:bearded_priests1
HALT!! You have committed crimes against the bearded priests and must now confess your sins of atonement.
---- Player (Whichever you choose, the result is the same)
dlga_bearded_priests1:bearded_priests_attack
We confess!! We confess!! (you fall to the ground whimpering)
--
dlga_bearded_priests1:bearded_priests_attack.1
Sins of atonement?! Pah.. Lets see how shiny that axe stays when I use it to take your head!
---- C
dlga_bearded_priests_attack:close_window
So be it.
---- P
mno_tactical_nuevo
Commander's Options.
---- P
mno_choice_2
Call your enemy forward for a duel of honour.
---- (Repeat above from the beginning till your enemy accept the duel)
menu_lucha_1_p
The general of your enemy stands out in front of his army and points towards you, inviting you to a duel.
---- P
mno_defendiendo_7
Accept.
---- (Repeat the duel till you get two results, win/lose)
menu_viking_duel_win
The duel is over, and you have defeated {s1}. Bards will talk about your victory, and the fame of your feat will spread by word of mouth.
--
menu_viking_duel_lose
{s1} was an opponent too skilled for you. You have been defeated. While {s1}'s fame will grow from the victory, thanks to the songs of bards, men will remember your name only as that of the beaten.
----

Acquire sufficient financial and military strength, visit Inn of Qohor, meet Draqen Ormatis, accept the quest to defeat Calypso Eranelar, and visit the Temple of the Bearded Priests. Save game here, and raze the temple. Save again to another slot if you had chance to save game before the following fight. Meet (or being caught) Calypso Eranelar's party. In the menu to start the fight, select "Commander's Options." and "Call your enemy forward for a duel of honour.". If you get other message than "The general of your enemy stands out in...", then reload and restart from the point before the meeting. Read the sentences after each of you won and lost.

AWoIaF v9.1 Warband v1.174 downloaded
V9.0 / Re: Text positions of "Wishlis...
Last post by Produno - January 31, 2024, 10:17:45 AM
Yeah strange, everything fits ok on my screen, even after changing resolutions and moving the screen about.
Bugs / New quest reward helmet has me...
Last post by Daddy - January 30, 2024, 12:38:55 AM
The new quest from Qohor has a helmet as a reward which in the text does not have any penalties at all. However I noticed that it actually does have the medium penalties not sure if it should or not but in the text this is not mentioned at all.