Loader
logo

Update

Started by Produno, August 09, 2013, 06:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
August 09, 2013, 06:11:55 PM Last Edit: March 02, 2014, 09:25:59 PM by Produno
Update and Info

Ok ,so i promised a small update and a couple of screens.
All the team have been working hard over the past couple of weeks. We have revamped the lords and fiefs to accomodate the fact we are starting the mod just before the death of Eddard Stark. (See poll)

Jaakko has been working on scene props, we will maybe show some screens of his work soon. But i would rather leave as much as i can for you to discover in game. This is the reason we are limiting screens and updates, though be assured we are all still working hard.

Special locations

For anyone thats played the demo would have noticed or visited some of these locations already. One of which is The Crossroads Inn, these are special locations where you can rest and relax, play games with special characters, recruit quest NPC's, recruit mercenaries or just stay the night whilst traversing across Westeros or Essos. If your renown is high enough you may even be able to take on special missions or quests.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

More about these later.

Starting location

We are already well on our way with creating scenes, heres a scene from one of the starting locations. Some of you may have seen it before :).

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

We will show more scenes soon, but again we would rather you discover these places whilst playing the game.

Release date

What else can i look forward to?

We will be bringing to life pretty much everything within ASOIAF, so keep your eyes peeled while traveling! We may release more info soon.

Can i help?

If you want to help our project, we need texturers. We have lots of models complete and lots of ideas already written, we just need stuff textured to bring them to life and put them into the game.

Link to TW = http://forums.taleworlds.com/index.php/topic,271098.135.html

A couple of updates from TW forums.

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Comparison old to new
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

From the few tests i done showed a higher fps in the after pic compared to the before pic, which i think is quite a feat. All settings were on max so im not sure of the effect with all settings on low.

All votes were taken into account which is why ive spent hours using the best resources and textures possible and further optimising them.

I shall need someone soon to test the game on a low spec and medium spec computer, if you would like to do this and feel your able to test it thoroughly then please send me a pm.

So another small update for any of you interested.

The last few days ive been working on the religious system. Its quite complicated and has traces in almost every module file, and quite extensive code that needs changing.
As with most things its turned out to be alot more than i anticipated, but im getting there.

I was going to change the current religions in Brytenwalda (they have 1 for christians and 2 for pagans, which makes things more difficult) to just the two main religions in ASOIAF, The Faith of the Seven and The Old Gods of the Forest. Then i were going to add Rh'llor (the Lord of Light) and the Drowned God after V1.0.

But,
I thought i may aswell add them all now, so thats what ive been doing. Ive got it working correctly, but because i now have 4 seperate defined religions rather than two (that acted as on or off) ive now created even more work for myself    -_-. For instance i have to specify every village and town now for each religion, i have to then extensively modify the current code to account for two more religions altering the values accordingly and adding extra conditions. I then have to add extra random events and quests to 'balance' the whole thing. On top of this i also have a campaign map to finish which i promised someone (ill get it finished very soon)!

So, i anticipate this to take me a couple of weeks, i shall then brush out any other bugs i see and get someone to test it (put your name forward if your interested please).

Hurleur has been working on something special of which probably wont be revealed until we release V1.0. But its quite exciting :).
We also have a new member helping us with scening SolemNRomanHD. Hes pretty excited to be helping us and his scenes look pretty good, more will be revealed later.

I seem to have lost contact with others on the team  :?: so if you read this please check your pms on either here or our forums...

Anyways unfortunately tomorrow i have to goto Pooland (Poland) :). my missus is Polish and i have to go to a wedding, of which i speak no Polish and they speak no English, Yay! Wish me luck guys!

Those scenes look amazing!  ;) I'd like to see more.

If you still need someone to test, i can do it. I have both a low-end and a high-end pc in case you'd like me to test it on both.

A couple of weeks and ill have all the bandit parties sorted and a few other loose ends tied up. once thats done ill send you a link to test the game.

Small update.

Ive been changing the layout of the webpage here www.aworldoficeandfire.co.uk. It had nothing on it before so i thought i had best make some sort of attempt to make it look more welcoming. I may change it at a later date when i have more time to work on it.

I shall be uploading an Alpha release before the end of next week. I shall need people to test it and report bugs ect which i will fix. Major updates im afraid probably wont happen for the time being as im pre occupied with irl stuff (like house hunting), but i want to get something released after all the hard work put into the game!

I will create a bugs and support forum and i will need a moderator. If you would like to moderate then please send me a PM explaining:

Why you would like to moderator the forum:
Experience:
Time available per week:

How you present your PM's will have an impact on you getting chosen, ie punctuation and how well you can string a sentence together.

The game in its current state is very unfinished so expect quite a few bugs, mostly unchanged scenes, wrong names or family relations, missing weapons/armours or characters.
In the bugs section you can of course post family relations, or wrong relations as these are easy for me to fix! Feel free to post any other data that you think can be fixed easily.

I will release patches as and when and i cant garuntee save compatability. I will work on a mod db page or some such within the next week.

Thanks for reading.
Regards,
A World of Ice and Fire Dev Team

I thought i should post a progress report. Ive been working on a small update containing mostly bug fixes and other tweaks which should go live next week. I shall post a changelog with it and also a rough roadmap of future content.

I want to say thanks to everyone so far whos played the mod and posted either here or on the forums feedback and bug reports. Please continue to do so as this saves me lots of time testing the game myself so is very much appreciated. The feedback also spurs me on to get this mod finished in the very little time i have.

Talking about little time - some of you may have already noticed i posted here that i have recently bought a new house with my g/f (yay). The problem being its a renovation project being renovated by yours truly. This obviously means i have very little time to work on the mod and the main reason for no updates yet since the initial Alpha release. I shall still try and get updates out and work on the mod as much as i can but i cant promise any huge updates in the near future. This i can only apologise for but unfortunately real life has to take precedence.

I have moved the mods thread on taleworlds forums to the correct place now, which can be found here Forums.taleworlds.com

Its also became clear some people are trying to install this mod over Brytenwalda. This mod is completely separate and has had huge amounts changed. This means it needs to be installed into its own directory.

Thanks again for the feedback so far and i look forward to seeing more after the next update.

So, time for another update to explain what ive been working on for the next mod version.

This next version will be a full download rather than a patch. This normally means quite alot has been added, which in this case is also true. Im hoping to get the update out within the week. Reasons being i acquire my keys for my new house tomorrow which will leave me very little time to work on the mod for a while. What this does mean though is in the future i will have my own office to work on things much more efficiently, ultimately leading to faster updates and more content!

Heres a small list of stuff added so far:

Banners for all the Houses in Westeros. - I will get round to adding the rest sometime in the future.
The Campaign Map has been getting some love. Westeros is almost finished, for now at least and ive been adding to Essos. This means The Wall is now in place, though i will try to think of something a little more permanent at a later date.
Ive added lots of new map icons. - more to come.
Lots of new armours added. Ive also removed quite alot of Brytenwalda items.
Dothraki parties will no longer set sail.
Due to popular demand you will find a special banner you can choose.
Lots of bug fixes and other tweaks made.

What else i would like to get finished before i upload. - This depends how long the current stuff takes and when i upload it.

Correct ages for all lords and ladies currently in the game.
Individual ships depending on main House.
Bonus to sea travel for Ironborn.
Add new weaponry and remove some of Brytenwalda weapons.

Thats about it for now. I will post another update when im uploading the new version, which will be Alpha V0.4.0.

So it seems i broke a few things in the last big update. Im working on a hotfix but also want to add a few more things to bulk out the next patch.

A few things added:

A Good Master you can buy Unsullied warriors from.
Dragmar Cleftjaw and his party.
New skins.
Plus bug fixes, map changes and lots of polishing.

Ive also already started working on the next big patch. This includes optimizations, new map icons plus more i will announce soon.

April 02, 2014, 01:04:38 AM #10 Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 03:10:11 AM by Produno
V0.5.0 Progress

This is whats done so far. Hopefully we will get some internal testing done before release so this changelog will change much more yet.  I still expect 2-3 weeks until released.

Added/Changes

Added Hedge Knights merc tree
Added Freerider merc tree
Added other mercs.
Added A Good Master whom you can buy Unsullied from.
Added Dagmer Cleftjaw and his party
Added robber Knights (bandit party)
Added more armours.
Changed Whores clothing.
Added some new weapons.
Changed all village map icons.
You can now recruit a special troop from a northern town if you have good relations with the House Stark.
You can find wandering Crows in Westerosi taverns south of the wall. They will take your prisoners in exchange for a gain in honour and a relations bonus with the Nights Watch.
More changes to the Campaign Map. (polish)
Added the Tavern Animations pack.
Added and slightly changed Hiners scenes:
Pyke.
Lannisport.
Made changes to Winterfell's scene.
Changed many throne room and tavern scenes to correctly reflect location. - ongoing
Added lots of new scene props.
Added new face textures. - still more to change.
Added Goldcloaks garrison to Kings Landing
Added Unsullied Garrison to Qohor
Added Harbour map icon locations to the map.
Added Goldcloaks guards to the Red Keep.
Added Unsullied guards to Qohor's Throne Room.
Modified the falling over rate when walking backwards.
Modified Relations with kingdoms and the way they are handled for some. Notably the Nights Watch.
Lots of changes to the religious system. Added more religious npc's with special requirements to join etc. plus other bonuses.

Bugfixes

Changed Arya to Female.
Give Bronn boots.
Lots of polishing.
Fix some funky Armour issues.
Finally removed all pretenders - needs to be checked, though all seems ok on my testing
Fixed some issues with sea travel, no more parties walking on water.
Fixed the Nights watch attacking each other - needs proper testing.
Fixed lots of missing scene prop meshes.
fixed unable to find mesh long_mail_tunic_a_jco

Nice! I also see you added the Tavern Animations pack. I like that one.

One thing, when posting a update on Moddb, you should add a picture or a video because if you do then the update will be featured on the home page of moddb and see by a LOT more people  ;)

April 08, 2014, 08:58:17 AM #12 Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 09:04:41 AM by Produno
Ok a little update for what ive been working on for the past couple of days.

Kingslayer.

As you all know you can kill Lords and Kings in this mod. Want payback or fancy wiping out the Lannister bloodline? No problem! - Ive made some specific changes to the way this works for V0.5.0 which i will note below.

Note: Depending on how much honour the person your killing has will effect how much of each attribute you loose.
When you kill a lord you will loose relation with every other lord or king, after all you are now known as a kingslayer, or a lordslayer i suppose :). Will the same fate behold them or not?

You will only loose relation with any factions you are already at war with. You will also have a big hit against the faction of the Lord or King you killed. Of course though the Nights Watch wont care, you may well be joining them soon ;).

Later i will enable being able to kill all NPC's in the game, but this will take time to implement and no doubt alot of testing.

Religions.

Ive also spent alot of time re-working the religious system. Ive added new npc's for the already two new religions i added. You can also perform different sacrifices. For instance go see a Drowned man with some prisoners and you may have the chance to drown a couple for some relations bonus.

A little on Wandering Crows.

Wandering Crows will wander randomly around taverns South of the wall in Westeros. Prisoners you sell here will be sold for much less, but you will gain some honour and some relations bonus with the Nights Watch. Of course if the Wildlings have grown strong and wiped out the nights watch, expect the wandering crows to also be gone. So you best keep check on them.

Sup man,

This reply is in regard to your texturer wanted sign. I was just wondering if you still need one. I am madly in-love with the ice & fire lore and you have some fantastic ideas with what you want with this mod so if there is any way I can help at all then that would be great!

Quote from: Chalice on April 28, 2014, 10:42:51 AM
Sup man,

This reply is in regard to your texturer wanted sign. I was just wondering if you still need one. I am madly in-love with the ice & fire lore and you have some fantastic ideas with what you want with this mod so if there is any way I can help at all then that would be great!

Hello mate.

Registerand send me a PM so we can chat :).

Thanks.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview