Loader
logo

Castles/Towns surrender if you outnumber the defenders at least 2 : 1

Started by David, August 16, 2019, 12:10:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi

Just as the title says, this is what i observed while playing the newest version. Because of this mechanic, its very easy to conquer everything once you have some support.
Basicly, once you manage to convince one other lord to follow you, you can capture a castle without losing 1 soldier. That seems like a really big issue to me. Once you become a marshal, and you get to lead several lords, you are unstoppable and all castles and towns will surrender if you only ask them (unless they have a bunch of lords in there to reinforce them which they mostly dont).

That kinda puts you in a strange position, because the game doesnt seem to make much more sense once you are aware that if you have the numbers, everyone will simly surrender. So now you only have to go from A to B to C and ask them to surrender. As you can imagine that kills the game. Also worth mentioning that the AI will never do that, even if they are besieging a castle with a garrison of 1, they will never ask for surrender.

Can anyone suggest any kind of solution to this problem? Just please dont tell me that i can still besiege all castles and fight the battles, because that is not the point.

My point is, that it should be much much harder to get a castle or a town to surrender.

Can the ration based on which the decision to surrender is made, be altered so that its much less likely to happen?

I would suggest the surrender option to be possible if you outnumber the defenders by at least 10 to 1.

Also another thing, i dont know if possible, would be to make the AI use that option aswell.

Noooooooooooo,this is how I take over my first town, and this is how the game looks more like risk and whackamole. Sieges suck so much ass, that's not your fault, but they just do.

Also, like when I just took over Dorne, had to beat their armies in the field, good, and every castle capitulated, which was great, because I was able to make HUGE MONEY from selling to the Night's Watch dude hanging out in Vaith. So many bridges to kill the enemy at in Dorne, yippee.

Also, don't get sieged in KL if the armies are coming from the South, meet them in the field, you can kill many times your number by fighting at the bridge, like 10x.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview