Loader
logo

Crashing during siege preparation.

Started by Dax, June 08, 2019, 04:22:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I recently installed AWOIAF and manage to play for a while and gather a small army however I've encountered a problem which I can not seem to fix, whenever I attempt to lay siege to any castle or area in that matter my game will just crash to desktop without any error, it will just freeze and crash, I've tried lowering the graphics, setting Max FPS to 90. Pretty much every option that is available in the launch options I have tried and to no success so I am looking to see if anyone has encountered this issue before or has a solution that may work for me perhaps so I can play at peace without crashing within two minutes of attempting to siege a castle.

Thanks.

Quote from: Dax on June 08, 2019, 04:22:21 PM
So I recently installed AWOIAF and manage to play for a while and gather a small army however I've encountered a problem which I can not seem to fix, whenever I attempt to lay siege to any castle or area in that matter my game will just crash to desktop without any error, it will just freeze and crash, I've tried lowering the graphics, setting Max FPS to 90. Pretty much every option that is available in the launch options I have tried and to no success so I am looking to see if anyone has encountered this issue before or has a solution that may work for me perhaps so I can play at peace without crashing within two minutes of attempting to siege a castle.

Thanks.

Sometimes I have a problem with this, but it is usually from playing for a few hours and then sieging, this is due to the old Mount Blade memory hemorrhaging bug not coordinating the textures correctly.  The most basic thing you can do to attempt to see if this is the bug that may be causing your issue is to save right before you siege the castle and then exit from the game completely and restart the game and move into the siege.  If this does not correct the issue try a re-install of the game.  Additionally, there are a few people that are really good at figuring out if it is a performance issue, all they need is your computer spec information. 

Which castles have you been besieging?

try to enable scenic mode and disable "Gore" from Camp option

Do you have the "cheat menu" menu text or is it orig? Are you playing in edit mode? What units are you using? What castle? I play this on a hunk of junk and it works fine. Much less laggy than VC. More info and I'm sure someone can help you sort it.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview