Loader
logo

what's going on here? bugs?

Started by hurricane andrew, May 20, 2019, 12:52:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

not sure if these are known bugs or not, but on these picture there's a few things i'm wondering about

1) why is dacey my vassal just chilling in the castle not recruiting or doing anything
2) why are there greyjoys (whose lands i've destroyed for the north) taken refugee in my castle recruiting a force but not doing anything else
3) why is my recruiter (seen below with 50 men) not recruiting? just stays there forever.

i'm mainly concerned as to why my vassal is doing anything what so ever.

May 20, 2019, 02:24:03 AM #1 Last Edit: May 20, 2019, 02:25:48 AM by boatswaiN
1) If she has no fief as a Castle/City she will stay at your city, she will not recruit to many because of that also
2) When factions defeated, their lords scatter around the world, while you play at static they aren't changing factions
3) Choose the region when you recruit, not the kingdom, when you choose your own kingdom it doesn't work, for example you take the north as your kingdom, when you recruit, choose The North, not the name of your kingdom

Quote from: boatswaiN on May 20, 2019, 02:24:03 AM
1) If she has no fief as a Castle/City she will stay at your city, she will not recruit to many because of that also
2) When factions defeated, their lords scatter around the world, while you play at static they aren't changing factions
3) Choose the region when you recruit, not the kingdom, when you choose your own kingdom it doesn't work, for example you take the north as your kingdom, when you recruit, choose The North, not the name of your kingdom

after reading what you replied I
1) took over a castle for dacey and awarded it to her, she still sits at my first castle and says "sorry need to attend to my own business" everytime i suggest an action.
2) i changed to sandbox campaign about midway into my game and I noticed kings exiling vassals so i guess i just need to wait till they are exiled, until then they are good garrison defenders :)
3) i've literally chosen every option for my recruiter to recruit and he just never moves. my first castle was the ruined castle that you can take for tools and 10k silver stags. so that region would be volantis? doesnt move.

thank you for your help but i believe my game is bugged.

Is the castle you awarded her across the sea and she has no sailing master skill?

Quote from: Hobs on May 20, 2019, 11:00:21 AM
Is the castle you awarded her across the sea and she has no sailing master skill?

it's the one just north of Volantis, I will try and give her a point in sailing master and see if she migrates. The greyjoys that were taking refuge migrated over to Volantis when I took it over via sea. So maybe she will too.

That castle seems to be a bit strange when it comes to pathing, so it could be that she cant find a way on land... Its just an idea though.

If you try and get to that castle from a distance in my experience it just runs me into the sea end at volantis

Quote from: Hobs on May 20, 2019, 05:05:08 PM
That castle seems to be a bit strange when it comes to pathing, so it could be that she cant find a way on land... Its just an idea though.

If you try and get to that castle from a distance in my experience it just runs me into the sea end at volantis

I gave Dacey a point in sailing mastery, gave her some troops, and told her to go to her new castle and she did. Now she is slowly recruiting in a castle with 0 garrison lol. thanks for the help!

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview