Loader
logo

Recruiting Kingsguard question

Started by ronodeno, May 15, 2019, 10:14:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've been besieging castles with the secondary character lord people (e.g. Ramsey Snow) but I'm just told they're busy.

Do I have to actually siege the castle or does it work fine if you get them to surrender it without fighting?

If the Kingsguard was in a castle and I took it through force, would they definitely join me? If not where would they go? (I own kings landing and Joffrey defected to Dorne so where would they go?)

I always assumed you had to be king to recruit the kingsguard and have told people this when they had asked...

But in my most recent playthrough I rescued the kingsguard who were held captive in a lords party (I wasnt the king), I was given the option to ask them if they would like to join me, all refused but 1 of them accepted.

So I guess its just pot luck, Im assuming you winning tornies held in Kingslanding when Joffrey is king helps as you get + relationship with all the kingsguard and gives you a better chance of recruiting them when you save them.

I besieged where they were being kept and managed to get 4/5 of them to join me. No idea where the other went, and I can't see Jaime anywhere.

I was able to recruit the Kingsguards including Jamie Lannister. You need to wait until someone attacks King Jeoffrey's party so that you could rescue them. Much better if you keep them all as prisoners and ask them later on.

You cannot just attack King Jeoffrey somewhere in a field or siege a castle, you have to wait.

Honestly, I find it dumb it when you can't hire other player's companions (including Sandor Clegane). There should be an option for that on recruiting companions.

I was not able to ask them as prisoners. I just had the same text to let them go or not, maybe you get something different if you own KL. I attacked the Dornish party that had captured them before I took the city. As far as that went, there were only 4 in that party, and Joffrey. I freed Joffrey, because I wasn't at war with the Westerlands, so you have no choice, but only 2 of the 4 joined me. Borous and Mandon, the other two refused, with 6 persuasion  :(

Joffrey eventually showed up in Lannisport or something but no Kingsguard anywhere. Ah well.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview