Loader
logo

Auto resolve is total trash

Started by okyman, April 19, 2019, 04:36:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I had 362 units to fight 3 dothraki horse archers.  So obvisouly i auto resolved knowing i have a great army comp with some of my own dothraki, and in the end, i lost my entire fucking army!!  3 of them killed allll 362 of my units!!  WTF is that bs?

February 27, 2024, 12:08:23 PM #2 Last Edit: February 27, 2024, 12:13:39 PM by rumpelstilzz
Had similar issues, do NOT use auto resolve against the Dothraki. They hurt very much so also choose wisely where to fight them. In open fields, I had 800 strong qohorik running in circles after the last remaining raider until he ran out of ammo and decided to charge. It is paramount to fight them in places where their mobility is hampered, like mountains, dense Qohor forest , or sieges. Never had an easier siege than the Dothraki capital, without horses they die like flies.

I found out this helps by roleplaying, nothing more scary than Qohor army fighting at night in the forest so I love to do battle there :D

BTW if Produno reads this, poor Norvos has absolutely no counter against Dothraki and starts at war with them. I am on my 3rd play through and in each one Norvos was annihilated before turn 500 when Dothraki declare war on all. They really need either something like dornish cavalry or armored archers. As much as I love the bearded bishops esthetics, they have too low armor, too low rate of fire, and get the crossbow too late in troop tree to be able to deal with mounted archers. Their riders sadly are plain useless, maybe, not sure, an additional stage in troop tree with medium armor and very fast horses may help, similar to Vaegir Bogatyr from vanilla.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview