Loader
logo

[4.1] Lys Issues

Started by Lucerys, February 13, 2019, 03:53:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I was sieging Lys and the map has a number of issues.

Troops often become unresponsive. I'm not sure if its geometry/pathing related or possibly the ground fire effect. At times some would just all mill around the spot where the fire was. Other troops just stand around. Some would stand at the foot of the ladder but never go up.

Lots of X fell unconscious messages.  I dont know if its bleeding damage or people falling off stuff (or even that fire effect).

The biggest issue was crashes. It has A LOT of props and effects and at first I thought that was issue. I kept turning down the troop #'s but it would still crash. Noticed that it happened at the start or the respawn. The spawn point is too close to the stockades and tents and what not.  This also caused another issue that a good deal of troops would get stuck in the props and never make it to battle.  The ones that dont get stuck end up really cramped together and start running into each other. Which IMO was causing the graphics to crash. To much stuff in one spot.  I went into edit mode and left the spawn point the same and just selected all the tents and props and just shifted it back. This gave the troops the room they needed to spawn normally. That stop the crashing and allowed me to turn the troop numbers back up.

Same with me. Actually, Lys has always being problematic in A World Of Ice And Fire Mod :(

The above fix i did in edit mode fix helps some. I was playing another mod and was having a similar issue of troops just staring at the ladder and getting mowed down. I went into edit and moved the barriers on either side out just a bit and the troops started going back up normally. I did super cheating for Lys and it was still nearly impossible. The enemy seems to respawn in the exact same spot so you can never actually thin them out and get a foothold on the wall. If you get troops up there theyll just get surrounded and killed. I took out the door and lead my troops thru the gate. And it was still barely doable.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview