Loader
logo

ships doesnt obey orders in naval battles

Started by Kosoy, January 29, 2019, 10:59:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi everyone.
I currently have 2 ships, whenever i combat any enemy at sea(raiders, pirates etc.) i seem to have zero control of my second ship. It's just straight forward attacking no matter what i command. Usually it first at the enemy and boarding them while  leaving me just with a role of idle observer. And it's kinda kills all the fun in such encounters.
Is it suppose to work this way or is it some kind of bug or maybe i just missing something crucial?

Ships are troop 9 in sea battles. There's a pop up explaining this when you first get a fleet. I'm not sure how well this works because I never us it.

Ships are indeed assignt to troop 9 that much is true, but as far as functionality... lets just say that the ships seem to just behave the way they want. I havent figured out yet how to manouver them or anything. I mean i did use the 'charge' command and the other boats (not the one i was on) would engage the enemy, but the boat i was on did not and was just sailing in some circles or something.

My advice is to avoid sea battles if you have more than 1 boat, becaue they are buggy in my opinion.

Quote from: Vladyvid on February 16, 2019, 11:37:45 AM
Ships are indeed assignt to troop 9 that much is true, but as far as functionality... lets just say that the ships seem to just behave the way they want. I havent figured out yet how to manouver them or anything. I mean i did use the 'charge' command and the other boats (not the one i was on) would engage the enemy, but the boat i was on did not and was just sailing in some circles or something.

My advice is to avoid sea battles if you have more than 1 boat, becaue they are buggy in my opinion.

Yeah , i've been playing this mod since it was beta 7 and sea battles has always been a little buggy. I always try to avoid sea battles. I don't known, maybe the engine does not support something so complex.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview