Loader
logo

Dawn, Longclaw, etc.

Started by QuietLoner, January 28, 2018, 08:07:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I haven't played very much in the new version but that is how it was done in the others. As for Joffrey, or other defeated lords, there's a simpler method to flush them out, just go to them and give them troops, once they have a considerable number they'll go raiding or attempt to conquer a town.

The kingsguard were supposed to pass down to the lord of the seven kingdoms, so if it's not working that way it's simply because that feature hasn't been fixed yet, but I assure you that is how it is supposed to work.

Great idea with giving him troops!

The kingsguard still not working as it should.
Valar issi Targaryen.

Quote from: meldragon on February 05, 2018, 11:22:56 PM

I haven't played very much in the new version but that is how it was done in the others. As for Joffrey, or other defeated lords, there's a simpler method to flush them out, just go to them and give them troops, once they have a considerable number they'll go raiding or attempt to conquer a town.

The kingsguard were supposed to pass down to the lord of the seven kingdoms, so if it's not working that way it's simply because that feature hasn't been fixed yet, but I assure you that is how it is supposed to work.

Great idea with giving him troops!

The kingsguard still not working as it should.

Yeah, giving troops to random lords is basically the easiest way to manipulate the tides of war, and certain lords, if you aren't able to persuade them into doing what you want directly. For example if you want a certain faction to hold on and they're losing badly. You can also reduce the number of troops per battle to the bare minimum which will cause your enemies to spawn no more than 3-4 waves of 50 men, this allows you to slowly wither way even huge enemy forces provided you have a decent sized army and decent troops.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Quote from: Montblanc on February 04, 2018, 09:18:06 PM
Quote from: Arya on February 03, 2018, 05:27:52 PM
Quote from: ahseph on February 03, 2018, 05:20:35 AM
Quote from: meldragon on February 01, 2018, 07:20:20 PM
Quote from: sprackly on February 01, 2018, 06:32:10 PM
Quote from: Montblanc on January 30, 2018, 10:56:59 PM...
That's a lot of info! I've added it to the wiki if you don't mind.
http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Valyrian_Weapons#Pre-owned_Valyrian_Weapons

I didn't realize people like Jon Snow can be recruited as companion. But then I guess that also means every follower lords are recruitable companions. You could have an army of just companions at that rate!
I read somewhere on this forum, that in 3.0 U can recruit only King's guards, but don't know is it legit.

Legit. Lord Commander Jaime Lannister now rides with me.
How???
Tell me and I will hail you till the last day of my life!!!

I think you need to conquer King's Landing and get the message that shows you as lord of the seven kingdoms, then the kingsguard join you, and if they're imprisoned somewhere (happens a lot since Joffrey is a noob) you may need to ransom or liberate them.
I did, But all the hounds/companions of other lords including Kingguards say " Leave me, I am licking my own cock" Whether you defeat them in batttle or liberate them by capturing fief, You cant rescue them from prison as you would rescue a lord. And How to Ransom these fuckers?

Quote from: Arya on February 07, 2018, 01:24:52 PM
Quote from: Montblanc on February 04, 2018, 09:18:06 PM
Quote from: Arya on February 03, 2018, 05:27:52 PM
Quote from: ahseph on February 03, 2018, 05:20:35 AM
Quote from: meldragon on February 01, 2018, 07:20:20 PM
Quote from: sprackly on February 01, 2018, 06:32:10 PM
Quote from: Montblanc on January 30, 2018, 10:56:59 PM...
That's a lot of info! I've added it to the wiki if you don't mind.
http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/wiki/index.php?title=Valyrian_Weapons#Pre-owned_Valyrian_Weapons

I didn't realize people like Jon Snow can be recruited as companion. But then I guess that also means every follower lords are recruitable companions. You could have an army of just companions at that rate!
I read somewhere on this forum, that in 3.0 U can recruit only King's guards, but don't know is it legit.

Legit. Lord Commander Jaime Lannister now rides with me.
How???
Tell me and I will hail you till the last day of my life!!!

I think you need to conquer King's Landing and get the message that shows you as lord of the seven kingdoms, then the kingsguard join you, and if they're imprisoned somewhere (happens a lot since Joffrey is a noob) you may need to ransom or liberate them.
I did, But all the hounds/companions of other lords including Kingguards say " Leave me, I am licking my own cock" Whether you defeat them in batttle or liberate them by capturing fief, You cant rescue them from prison as you would rescue a lord. And How to Ransom these fuckers?

To ransom them they would have to be sworn to you but it seems the feature that makes the person who controls King's Landing their rightful lord isn't fixed yet so you can forget it. The older method involves releasing them while they travel as prisoners of a lord who defeated Joffrey in combat and captured them, it doesn't work if they're sent to a town's prison. This method is supposed to work for any lord's companions but it does take time and won't work all times, basically there's an unknown % of success so you need to keep trying. The kingsguard may be impossible to get still because Produno wanted to make them pass on to whoever conquers King's Landing, and since that part was bugged it might've ended up as a case where you can't get them to join you by any means.

That being said, there's a method that might work, although it is cheating, by using a save game editor.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

In 3.0 I did rescued Kingsguards from Dragonstone prison and they joined me 5/6(Jamie didn't got captured), so i guess U can get them from town's prison now.
Valar issi Targaryen.

Quote from: meldragon on February 09, 2018, 04:48:24 PM
In 3.0 I did rescued Kingsguards from Dragonstone prison and they joined me 5/6(Jamie didn't got captured), so i guess U can get them from town's prison now.
I have looked into ever town and castle for these fuckers but I have found only two, i.e Jaime and Maryn in Dragonstone, I am not sure about name of latter. Rest of fuckers have disappeared from world!! If you go into Prison, The dialogue they say, means they serve you now but still you can't break em out.

Quote from: Arya on February 12, 2018, 03:21:21 PM
I have looked into ever town and castle for these fuckers but I have found only two, i.e Jaime and Maryn in Dragonstone, I am not sure about name of latter. Rest of fuckers have disappeared from world!! If you go into Prison, The dialogue they say, means they serve you now but still you can't break em out.

I've conquered the Dragonstone to have them...
Valar issi Targaryen.

Quote from: meldragon on February 12, 2018, 03:25:33 PM
I can't start war with House Targaryen, I have 100 relation with them.

I've conquered the Dragonstone to have them...

You have to either break them out of prison yourself or look for prisoner brokers in taverns. That is if they serve you, same as you would do if one of your companions get captured (this is rare but can happen if you send them to try and improve relations with a town that hates you).

Quote from: Montblanc on February 16, 2018, 05:58:41 PM

You have to either break them out of prison yourself or look for prisoner brokers in taverns. That is if they serve you, same as you would do if one of your companions get captured (this is rare but can happen if you send them to try and improve relations with a town that hates you).
I can't break em out, There is no option and They haven't joined my party formally so Ransom brokers dont have the option too!!

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview