Loader
logo

(2.5) Barristan Selmy stats

Started by Illvitor, October 17, 2017, 07:09:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
In 2.5 some things have changed for the companions that i agree, now they are much more expensive and have better specific stats according to his/her role, but sir Barristan has something wrong with his stats, i agree that they shouldn't have awesome profiencies at all weapons but having 350 in 1-handed and 0 in all others is a bit too weird for such an amazing and expensive fighter, he should have at least some points in other weapons, he cant be worst at archery than a peasant

Go on camp menu and select the "Import/Export NPC" feature, select the companion you wish to change and press "C" then click on "statistics" on the bottom left corner of the character screen and select "export". Minimize your game window, go on "documents/mount&blade warband/characters. There will be a .txt document for each character you do this for (including your own, which you can do through the same process but from the "character" menu). Open the .txt file and you will be able to change all stats for that character.

In my current playthrough I gave Ser Barristan an equally matched proficiency in double-handed weapons and polearms, as he is the Lord Commander of the Kingsguard, a warrior of great renown and prestige, and he has a solid record in tournaments on horse and lance even into his old age at the start of the books story. The other proficiencies I gave him a decent, not bright but not piss poor either, as I doubt he had been trained only in single-handed weapons, and, as you pointed out, he would likely shoot better than the average peasant.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

On the same note, Syrio Forel says, when recruited, that he is an excelent teacher, that he trains men and so on. He has a training wooden sword. And he has 0 trainer skill. I did the editing, but is worth mentioning the weird skill distribution.