Loader
logo

[2.2] Quest issue - stuck

Started by erwinwulf, October 15, 2017, 03:13:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
October 15, 2017, 03:13:19 AM Last Edit: October 15, 2017, 09:25:38 AM by erwinwulf
Beric Dondarion's questline - A Lannister always pays his debts

Hello, Beric doesn't want to end the quest when we rejoin him after the fight victory. So as i am stuck, i do not know what to do about it.
I seen that i am not the first one who got issues with this quest, so i recommand that you (if you can) add an option for abandon the quest, then we can restart it anytime it still get issues.

Thanks if you can help us ^^

Unfortunatelly the quest has remained bugged for some time, there's a way to fix it using an editor called Morgh's editor for M&B. If you know what it is and how to use it then you need to edit troops, and find The Tickler in the troop edit menu, you then need to untick the "unmovable" option for him. Even after you do this you still need to start a fresh save before accepting Beric's quest, or so I've read on a thread that explained the bug fix.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Quote from: erwinwulf on October 15, 2017, 03:13:19 AM
Beric Dondarion's questline - A Lannister always pays his debts

Hello, Beric doesn't want to end the quest when we rejoin him after the fight victory. So as i am stuck, i do not know what to do about it.
I seen that i am not the first one who got issues with this quest, so i recommand that you (if you can) add an option for abandon the quest, then we can restart it anytime it still get issues.

Thanks if you can help us ^^

Download version 2.5 as stated in other post.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

2.5 fresh game. Still bugged. 15 play through`s of the battle, almost identical outcome, tickler dead, other troops dead or captured. Every time same result, called a liar by Dondarion.

I have tried multiple ways in 2.51 of completing this quest, and the only way I have found to complete it is to already have the book in my inventory. Both bards and begging brothers get a random book in their inventory at the start of the game. If you get the right book, you can complete the quest, without even having seen the party you're supposed to kill. You can immediately just talk to him again and the quest is complete.

From the wiki, the book is supposed to be the reward for the quest. The quest says he has the book. A suggested fix would be that after you beat him, you get a dialogue like in the farm quest from Robb, where if you kill him, you get the book. Alternatively, like the same quest, once you beat him, you get a dialogue like with the wildling, and then get the book.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview