Loader
logo

Where is Volon Therys Guild Master?

Started by Daniel Strong, October 14, 2017, 04:06:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi, so I cannot seem to find the Volon Therys town Guild Master anywhere in the town. I've found the armorer and horse merchant but I wish to buy land for more income. If you know where he is please let me know.

He is in the center of the town. Near the building with 2 pipe-like minarets. If you exit the castle courtyard, you can see it right away - he is between those two pipes.

Lol, Moose is right, it's actually quite easy going by that reference. My first time playing this mod it took me almost 2 real hours looking around, the city is huge as hell and every street looks the same, until I finally decided to look for reference points around, just as I was about to call it quits, and decided to go directly towards this place.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

This is a common issue. As much as i appreciate the work and dedication of the modders, as beautiful as the cities are made, to spread vendors randomly through town is a really bad design choice. Put them all on a central market. Put the shipwright close to the sailors guy. Put them on an easy access by the sea. We end up silently cursing the designers as we walk around looking for someone. Castle Black has the easiest to find armoursmith and weaponsmith. I haven't found sunspear shipwright yet. It's incredibly anoying.

November 24, 2017, 09:35:38 AM #4 Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 09:40:53 AM by Moose
Quote from: Draven on November 21, 2017, 08:23:32 PM
I haven't found sunspear shipwright yet
Just in case you are still looking. Sunspear shipmaster is in quite a peculiar position. When you start, go straight ahead to main keep with a big tree. As soon as you see it, do a 150 degree turn left and go to the keep on an island. It will have a long bridge to it. When near island keep, you'll see a big ship. That's where shipwright is. But he is on the other side of the river. To get there, turn right once you got on the island and pass through a gatehouse. It's portcullis will be open, unlike others. Then turn  left and go along the shore. On the first pier leading to the ship you'll see the shipwright.

Map for simplicity.
[spoiler]
Blue is main inland keep with a tree. Yellow is path from starting point. Green is the shipwright.
[/spoiler]

Thanks for the awesome explanation, but it just proves my point. When you need a walkthough to find a vendor, it needs to be changed.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview