Loader
logo

[2.2][Freelancer] Defending a castle against former allies after a siege

Started by YourStepDad, October 12, 2017, 11:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So, as the title awkwardly says:

When taking Hornvale as Riverlands and seeing the end of the siege alive, after conquering it I am prompted by the generic freelancer menu, and after i choose "return to duty" i am instantly assigned to battle against the very own allied Riverlands troops with whom I have formerly captured the castle.

I also noticed a regular encounter between two forces, one of size 260 vs 160, ended up with 400+  men on our side against the enemy's 160.

This happened to me only once now so you may need to double check, but I'm sure that there's a rather substantial issue there. Its a good thing that I can talk to my lord and ask to be disbanded from service, otherwise I could have been stuck there for good.

Quote from: YourStepDad on October 12, 2017, 11:15:07 AM
So, as the title awkwardly says:

When taking Hornvale as Riverlands and seeing the end of the siege alive, after conquering it I am prompted by the generic freelancer menu, and after i choose "return to duty" i am instantly assigned to battle against the very own allied Riverlands troops with whom I have formerly captured the castle.

I also noticed a regular encounter between two forces, one of size 260 vs 160, ended up with 400+  men on our side against the enemy's 160.

This happened to me only once now so you may need to double check, but I'm sure that there's a rather substantial issue there. Its a good thing that I can talk to my lord and ask to be disbanded from service, otherwise I could have been stuck there for good.

You should be able to leave or retreat without risk too before the battle begins.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

The first situation you described also happened to me in a previous save, where after joining the invading Targaryen army I was thrown into a battle vs another lord in our faction, that got me pretty confused at first since both armies sported the Targaryen sigil on their heraldic mail, and I was pretty clueless as to why I was being attacked by allied forces, until I realized some bug had prompted a battle between 2 lords in our faction. This happened after we won a siege, and it seems to only happen when you are enlisted in a lord's army.

The second case where you say that your side of the battle had a much bigger force might have simply been due to some nearby allied party joining you without you noticing, I've noticed how your allies can join you in a battle even if their party is a little bit away from the exact location on the map, but not too far away ofc.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Have any of you requested leave at any time whilst enlisting? It was marked as being broken in the module files, but due to every one complaining I stuck it back into the game. Though these bugs were not reported on previous versions with this turned off.

Quote from: Produno on October 13, 2017, 07:44:36 AM
Have any of you requested leave at any time whilst enlisting? It was marked as being broken in the module files, but due to every one complaining I stuck it back into the game. Though these bugs were not reported on previous versions with this turned off.

Tbh I don't remember in my case, I might try out if you really need the data. I was just trying out some stuff since I don't like the style of enlisting particularly, especially since you lose everyone in your party when you do so.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~