Loader
logo

Mines

Started by Ghosty, October 06, 2017, 03:52:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey i found out that there is Iron Mine in Iron Islands... so is there more of these? For like Forest or more Mines? Im just asking cuz this would be great for my Merc army cuz i get atleast 1000 stag+ everyweek with the mine.

ps. i dont know how to post a screenshot on this forum but if someone knows how and can tell me how, i can post a ss about its location
Ser Jaime Knight

There is a gold mine in the westerlands area, near Clegane's castle in a path betwen the mountains.

Quote from: Don Tlacuache on October 06, 2017, 07:20:38 PM
There is a gold mine in the westerlands area, near Clegane's castle in a path betwen the mountains.

Thx dude
Ser Jaime Knight

There's also a quarry in Essos, I think it's somewhere south of Quohor.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

I noticed that you can station prisoners to work in the gold mine in the westerlands. Any one have any idea how much gold they make you a day/week? It says if i volunteer i would make ~600 a day...

Quote from: patrickokra on October 08, 2017, 03:15:26 PM
I noticed that you can station prisoners to work in the gold mine in the westerlands. Any one have any idea how much gold they make you a day/week? It says if i volunteer i would make ~600 a day...

The prisoners u put there does the work while ur troops guard them... and hell the troops want more from guarding than the mine actually makes cash
Ser Jaime Knight

Quote from: Ghosty on October 08, 2017, 03:24:45 PM

The prisoners u put there does the work while ur troops guard them... and hell the troops want more from guarding than the mine actually makes cash

Once you get Unsullied (0 wages per week) they make great mine guards as you actually see the benefit of it.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 08, 2017, 04:05:06 PM
Quote from: Ghosty on October 08, 2017, 03:24:45 PM

Once you get Unsullied (0 wages per week) they make great mine guards as you actually see the benefit of it.

Unsullied are so expensive dude. I think the best with prisoners is selling them in Esos

It's also worth noting that having prisioners work in the mines/quarry will make you lose reputation every week.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Quote from: Montblanc on October 08, 2017, 10:13:02 PM
It's also worth noting that having prisioners work in the mines/quarry will make you lose reputation every week.
Well u do earn that same rep back fast
Ser Jaime Knight

Quote from: Ghosty on October 10, 2017, 04:09:56 PM

Yeah, so far I've only seen one feature that is massively dependant on reputation, at least it was the only stat that kept increasing until I managed to get something out of it, there's an NPC at the Crossroads Inn called Travelling Merchant who always says he has some secrets but he doesn't tell you since he doesn't know you enough.

So I related it to reputation or renown, almost certain it's reputation, and after achieving over 200 reputation (a little more than 200, don't know the exact treshold but about 200-230) forward, he actually told me a secret. Turns out he tells you about the valyrian steel smith in Qohor, the only advantage being you don't pay for the info, which is unconsequent by the time you have enough rep for him to tell you. The interesting part is that I then prodded this NPC for more "secrets" and he says I'm not persuasive enough. It might be a dead end, but it's worth trying to raise rep continuously in case he actually says something of greater value later on.

Quote from: Montblanc on October 11, 2017, 03:09:25 AM

Yeah, so far I've only seen one feature that is massively dependant on reputation, at least it was the only stat that kept increasing until I managed to get something out of it, there's an NPC at the Crossroads Inn called Travelling Merchant who always says he has some secrets but he doesn't tell you since he doesn't know you enough.

So I related it to reputation or renown, almost certain it's reputation, and after achieving over 200 reputation (a little more than 200, don't know the exact treshold but about 200-230) forward, he actually told me a secret. Turns out he tells you about the valyrian steel smith in Qohor, the only advantage being you don't pay for the info, which is unconsequent by the time you have enough rep for him to tell you. The interesting part is that I then prodded this NPC for more "secrets" and he says I'm not persuasive enough. It might be a dead end, but it's worth trying to raise rep continuously in case he actually says something of greater value later on.

Requirement for the sword in qohor is 700 renown, you can ask any tavern keeper.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 11, 2017, 07:11:15 AM

Requirement for the sword in qohor is 700 renown, you can ask any tavern keeper.

I know, I'm talking about the Traveller Merchant, he's an NPC with a green screen name that you find in the Crossroads Inn, I was wondering if he has more useful information about how to get secret/rare stuff since, as you pointed out, that piece of info I got from him was pretty useless for all the time it takes for him to tell yu.

Quote from: Montblanc on October 12, 2017, 04:34:45 AM
Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 11, 2017, 07:11:15 AM

I know, I'm talking about the Traveller Merchant, he's an NPC with a green screen name that you find in the Crossroads Inn, I was wondering if he has more useful information about how to get secret/rare stuff since, as you pointed out, that piece of info I got from him was pretty useless for all the time it takes for him to tell yu.

As far as I'm aware low reputation = noone lets you into their castles. High reputation = no real bonus.

Easy way, Do not sell first tier troops, Free them to earn rep.
Always choose burn,loot and bury dead to earn rep.(Don't do if you are in danger of being attacked)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview