Every bug/exploit I can remember off the top of my head

Started by Lok, October 03, 2017, 10:54:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Steam v1.172
v2.0->v2.1->v2.2

Intel i5 6600k
Radeon R9 380
16GB DDR4 3000MHz

1. Fire arrows during sieges causes troops who get hit to sometimes stop moving, attacking or reacting to anything unless you tell troops to move/follow you to fix them. However, if you're dead, you're pretty much screwed if that troop is stuck on a narrow passage like on a ladder, which 95% of sieges make you use. This is probably the most frustrating and game-breaking bug I can think of and it ruins a lot of sieges since it causes your troops to bottleneck on a ladder and the enemy archers just pick off your units.

2. Sometimes, you can't exit or retreat during a siege because it says "there are enemies nearby" even if you're dead and even when all your troops are dead and the enemy wins, thus forcing you to close the game. I notice this bug seems to happen if you retreat once, then build ladders again and assault them again. Some castles/towns always seem to never let you retreat because of this bug, but I didn't keep a list of these. Pretty damn annoying bug since half the sieges has troops getting stuck somewhere if you die and you either have to cheat or close the game client and restart.

3. Fire arrows don't seem to work in some towns/castles (I didn't keep track of these but they were mostly in desert areas like Dorne or in Essos and some snowy regions like Castle Black).

4. Lys is the worst town I have ever sieged and has so many problems with it. I couldn't retreat no matter what like in #2, enemies got stuck on stairs on the left side of the town and my troops would slide down on top of them and pretty much die, enemies got stuck in annoying places and would mess with your troops ai, usually getting them stuck. Definitely needs to be looked at again.

5. I don't know if this was intentional but in Oldtown, the only bridge leading into the town is breakable and the enemy archers will always break it and thus I can't get my troops to the enemy. It just feels like a cruel joke that only archers can fight in this siege.

6. Blackcrown has my troops at the start literally charge into the river and drown.

7. If you gift a fief to another kingdom and then you lose that fief to a siege from another kingdom before your messenger returns, that fief will be owned by the kingdom you gave the fief to when your messenger returns. So if you're about to lose a fief, you can give that fief to another kingdom. Also, you can give the same fief to multiple kingdoms or even the same kingdom by sending as many messengers as you have (this happens because you still own the fief until your first messenger returns); this is a good way to cheese relations.

8. Ships/caravans/farmers get stuck on Hag Mire Ferry forever. They move back and forth from Pyke and Hag Mire Ferry.

9. You can keep recruiting troops from a village as long as you pay 1000 stags to raise relation with that village; you recruit troops, pay 1000 stags to the village elder, then you can recruit again. Easy way to amass troops in literally no time at all.

10. Sea siege battles in Braavos and Dragonstone usually has ships getting stuck. Not sure how you would be able to fix this, it forced me to lower total troops in options or retreat several times until I win.

11. This only happened once but when I went to rescue a lord who was imprisoned, he became hostile once I got him out of prison and I had to fight my way out of town/castle. I was forced to kill the lord to leave, but if I kill him, I would fail to rescue him. When I reloaded and waited a few days and rescued him again, it proceeded as normal. This was at The Tor and it was a Reach lord.

There are more bugs but I can't remember them clearly enough and most of them involves sieges and troops getting stuck on ladders, drowning in unavoidable ways, spawning past an invisible wall, etc. Can't tell if this is caused by having too many troops in options either so it's not worth mentioning.

My only advice is to delete your stream version and download the mod DB one. Steam workshop sucks.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview