Loader
logo

"Hold" Command Issues

Started by Fortnight, October 01, 2017, 10:28:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
For some reason, the archer group always holds 5 paces ahead of where I tell them to hold, and infantry always go to the left instead of being centered on the "hold" position like all other groups (including archers). Is this intentional, unfixable or a local problem?

My hold tends to be pretty accurate... Maybe try another mod/native and see if you have same issue? If you do try re-installing mod, if it still persists Produno will have to look into it.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Oh, I think it's intentional, or at least semi-intentional. From my experience, when you order them one-by-one (Infantry, go there! Cavalry, go there! Archers, charge!), it works fine. Less so, when ordering all at once (Everyone, hold this!)

But. There is a quite a funky thing called "Memorize division placement", which makes them remember position relative to the player. So, if you made infantry memorize ten steps right of you, archers right on top of your head and cavalry memorized chilling in the nearest brothel, they're gonna do that.
It's quite clunky, I'm unsure how it works, but after some voodoo magic and stuff one can fix it.

I think this is a feature from extended battle formations part.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview