Loader
logo

[v2.2] Recruiting Lords as Companions and Other Bugs

Started by Lok, October 01, 2017, 08:27:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I'm sure you're aware lords can take other lord's companions, but if they drop off their prisoners in a fief you own or you indict a lord and take their fief, you can effectively take them prisoner and take their stuff; killing them or sending to the wall doesn't do anything that I know of, except you can take their equipment this way. So far, I took the Hound's armor and helmet and I took Mancer's giant companion's club which has 120b damage but is incredibly slow.

Another weird bug is if you send a lord to the Wall and you take them prisoner again, sometimes they will automatically join your party. This seems to extend to their companions if you take their companions prisoner with the method mentioned above for lords that have been sent to the wall. It's not 100% and I don't know what triggers this, but the criteria needed for this to occur is if you take a lord who has been sent to the Wall prisoner again. The lord you take will still spawn in the faction they are from, essentially cloning them.

Recruiting Mag Mar Tun Doh Weg: https://prnt.sc/grtqg5

Mag Mar Tun Doh Weg in my party (Orell in there too): https://prnt.sc/grtqju

It's a little hard to do this and you basically have to declare war on the Night's Watch and any other faction you want as a companion so it's probably something that you can't do until endgame or cheating (you have to take King's Landing to send people to the Wall anyways). Just an interesting bug I found, a lot of people will probably never encounter this bug or they just won't notice.

Edit: I meant lords can take other lord's companions prisoner, missed the word prisoner in my first post. This is why there are lord's companions in castles and towns.

So...

Step 1. Send a Lord to Night's Watch
Step 2. Declare war on Night's Watch
Step 3. Attack Lord (X)
Step 4. Capture Lord (X)
Step 5. Lord (X) joins your party?
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Basically, except you don't need to declare war on the Night's Watch, you do that by attacking the lord you want as a companion. The lord doesn't always join your party so you just keep sending him to the wall and taking him prisoner until he does.

Crazy, I am definitely going to try this out! Thanks.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Hmm strange. I can probably fix this by making sure once the lord is already in the nights watch faction, that dialogue option disappears.

Lok, wtf is Son Goku xD? Did you rename Bronn or something?
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

You know, with that hairstyle, Son Goku fits him more. But, I'm afraid that it's just a son, which you get from the wife.

Son Goku was just my son; I saw "Son" or something and just added Goku because that was the first thing that popped up.

Quote from: Lok on October 03, 2017, 04:17:18 AM
Son Goku was just my son; I saw "Son" or something and just added Goku because that was the first thing that popped up.

Dragonball Z ftw! :)

Lmao, so is the progeny any good as companions?
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Any companion is good, but companions like your child and the two you can get from random events are especially good because they start at a low levels, so you can skill them however you want and they don't cause conflict with your other companions, thus they never leave or cause others to leave. The only problem is they require a lot of investment and your child doesn't actually appear until a few hundred days after being born. Endgame, he's probably one of the strongest units I have (he's like level 30 with 30 strength, lordly armor and a valyrian sword and wildfire)

I see, btw does wildfire do any good vs white walkers?

Wildfire does nothing to wights. I just ignore wights because it's pretty pointless to fight 2000 of them when only 10 people in your party can actually do anything to them. I just let the Free Folk and Night Watch deal with them; I send lords to the wall and they eventually kill them all.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview