Loader
logo

No wavy banners

Started by Indo95, September 23, 2017, 11:09:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

September 24, 2017, 07:07:03 PM #3 Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 07:13:09 PM by Moose
What did wavy banners meant anyway?

Maybe it meant that banner's model is not as plain now? Or there were intended to be an animation. I don't understand.

it's not really a deal breaker but it was a nice effect. it just made the banners that some of the faction infantry held in battle flow in the air and not be so static. it worked in the donators edition.

Hmm. Interesting. I remember checking what that meant in Test Build 4, and it didn't work, sadly.

Quote from: Indo95 on September 25, 2017, 03:26:24 AM
it's not really a deal breaker but it was a nice effect. it just made the banners that some of the faction infantry held in battle flow in the air and not be so static. it worked in the donators edition.
Indeed. It makes the game more realistic just like bannerlord. Plus the banners suppose to  boost morale and battle spirit for the troops.

September 25, 2017, 05:33:44 PM #7 Last Edit: September 25, 2017, 05:35:34 PM by Produno
Due to altercations some stuff had to be cut until I receive proper permissions for everything. This means I now have to obtain written proof of every single asset in the game.

A scene that was given to me has been claimed to be from someone else of a very similar mod. Because the original files are no longer available and neither is the person, I cannot provide the proof the scene was given to me to use. So the mods on TW forums has basically said, if any other item in the mod is questioned and I do not provide proof then drastic action will be taken. Possibly a C&D.

It just means a shit tonne more work for me and possibly exchanging quite a few things/re-making.

Regarding the wavey banners. The code was mine, but it was obvious I had built it upon someone else's. I'm just trying to get hold of that person to give me the ok. Otherwise I have to re-write it a completely different way. I'm not sure of the legalities of all this so I'm just trying to be on the safe side.

I'm still awaiting a reply from Duh on the TW forums. I didn't want it to disturb to release of 2.0 hence the quick removal of some stuff.

Quote from: Produno on September 25, 2017, 05:33:44 PM
Due to altercations some stuff had to be cut until I receive proper permissions for everything. This means I now have to obtain written proof of every single asset in the game.

A scene that was given to me has been claimed to be from someone else of a very similar mod. Because the original files are no longer available and neither is the person, I cannot provide the proof the scene was given to me to use. So the mods on TW forums has basically said, if any other item in the mod is questioned and I do not provide proof then drastic action will be taken. Possibly a C&D.

It just means a shit tonne more work for me and possibly exchanging quite a few things/re-making.

Regarding the wavey banners. The code was mine, but it was obvious I had built it upon someone else's. I'm just trying to get hold of that person to give me the ok. Otherwise I have to re-write it a completely different way. I'm not sure of the legalities of all this so I'm just trying to be on the safe side.

I'm still awaiting a reply from Duh on the TW forums. I didn't want it to disturb to release of 2.0 hence the quick removal of some stuff.

Oh snap. Sucks you have to go through that drama. Especially if you didn't know the scene was from the other mod. Honestly if it's a scene for a village or something that would be really extra.

It was included in a pack with the other scenes. I guess it could have been given to me by mistake.

The thing I'm annoyed about, there is zero proof who the scene belongs to. So as it stands, anyone can question something within the mod for what seems to be no reason, if you cannot provide the writing it was given to you to use, then you risk getting a C&D. In my case, a final warning.

It's extremely hard to do that with a mod this size and its only one person that keeps complaining. So all this pretty much has to be done because of one guy.

Oh and the scene was the old Pentos scene. A small square box that could be made within an hour. If I'm going to steal something for the mod it would be something actually worth stealing heheh.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview