Loader
logo

Beric's quest and the bugged raiding party

Started by Windwhistle, September 24, 2017, 07:36:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Whenever I crush the raiding party with my superior northern might, I do not get the book that he wants and I cannot complete the quest.

Hey there, the raiding party doesn't GIVE you a book, you crush the raiding part, return to Beric and then Beric gives YOU a book. Hope this clears it up!
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

September 28, 2017, 02:26:08 PM #2 Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 02:27:45 PM by Kokalo
Quote from: H3YimDR3W on September 27, 2017, 10:00:02 PM
Hey there, the raiding party doesn't GIVE you a book, you crush the raiding part, return to Beric and then Beric gives YOU a book. Hope this clears it up!

No, no.. I think the quest is bugged. You're supposed to get the book by defeating the raiding party and you bring it to Beric as proof you've defeated them. Only then he lets you keep the book. Since you don't get the book anymore, the quest is impossible to finish and you just get negative relations with the brotherhood (their parties are hostile to you).

I'm not sure, but I think it has something to do with the fact that 'The Tickler' has been edited from being a Hero to a killable troop -- since I remember entering a dialogue after defeating him (something among the lines of 'A Lannister always pays his depts, and you'll pay yours with your life')

Oh... very strange... I don't have this issue... I've done 3x beric quests since V2.0 (2 of which on V2.1)
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Quote from: H3YimDR3W on September 28, 2017, 02:38:23 PM
Oh... very strange... I don't have this issue... I've done 3x beric quests since V2.0 (2 of which on V2.1)

I don't know..I've tried doing it two times on 2.0 and couldn't do it.

First post, new member, joined because this has been frustrating me for a while now. Im having this exact same problem, had it before 2.0,  and still having it now with most recent steam version, whether I attack tickler or he attacks me, I fight, win, no conversation of any kind afterwards, no book, returning only pisses off beric.

I'm pretty sure you have to kill EVERY enemy, if even a single one gets routed or escapes Berick calls you a liar and hates you.

September 30, 2017, 12:51:14 PM #7 Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 01:08:22 PM by Weizen1988
I've literally cheated and mass knocked out everyone first second, still same result. Make sure no one escapes might be part of it somehow, but that alone doesn't seem to be enough. Or by kill do you mean kill, as in every single one must die, no one can be koed, because that's lame, as even using swords and other lethals, you get some prisoners. Or do we need space for all prisoners too, or else they are treated as escapes?

The only time I've failed is when a routed enemy escaped, aside from that I always win. Whether I cheat KO or just kill/ko them all.

Odd. I've been doing everything you said this whole time and I came here to post because that wasnt working. No one could possibly escape in the time it takes me to cheat them down, I initiate or them, no difference. I get the convo at the start to fight them or leave, cheat ko whole army, choose how I want to deal with loot, then it goes back to world map and quest won't advance. Don't know what else to say though, I was already doing all of that the whole time.

In that case, I've absolutely no idea... I mean it's not game breaking you end up -5 with brotherhood of banners, so just join two fights on their side and you're back to normal, the book you get is a bit of a bummer but like I said it's not game breaking. Produno will have to take a look at the quest triggers I imagine.

September 30, 2017, 02:30:56 PM #11 Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 02:38:41 PM by Weizen1988
Quote from: H3YimDR3W on September 30, 2017, 02:20:33 PM
In that case, I've absolutely no idea... I mean it's not game breaking you end up -5 with brotherhood of banners, so just join two fights on their side and you're back to normal, the book you get is a bit of a bummer but like I said it's not game breaking. Produno will have to take a look at the quest triggers I imagine.

Mostly just frustrating, cuts off a quest arc unless nothing is implemented afterwards, lose out on an item, harms immersion. Not game breaking though, I agree.

Edit: also sorry for posting in 2 threads about this, first I thought they were same thread and my post didn't work for some reason.

Edit again: when you initiate are they running from you? I'm going to try bringing a stupid big army and see if running them down makes it work. I've only tried when they were idle.

Quote from: Weizen1988 on September 30, 2017, 02:30:56 PM
Quote from: H3YimDR3W on September 30, 2017, 02:20:33 PM

Mostly just frustrating, cuts off a quest arc unless nothing is implemented afterwards, lose out on an item, harms immersion. Not game breaking though, I agree.

Edit: also sorry for posting in 2 threads about this, first I thought they were same thread and my post didn't work for some reason.

Edit again: when you initiate are they running from you? I'm going to try bringing a stupid big army and see if running them down makes it work. I've only tried when they were idle.

There's no following quest (thankfully!), it does harm immersion I agree with you there. I always have a stupid big army and they do try and run away yes.

Just tried that too. Nothing, tried both not looting, and looting. I hope the rest of the quests are actually fixed. Maybe importing character breaks it?

No issues with importing a character on my side... I just tried with an imported character from another save, and it still worked.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview