Loader
logo

Thoughts, Suggestions, and Error Reporting for A World of Ice and Fire

Started by Radon, August 30, 2017, 06:03:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
First, I want to start by saying this is one of my favorite mods for Mount and Blade Warband. The only reason I am here, writing this is because I would like to see the mod improved. Here are my thoughts on that:

• I would like to see more quests in this mod. Although the ones already in the game are pretty cool, I would like to see more of that.
  • I also would like to see more actions and quests in Essos. For starters, the whole continent on that side is empty. Maybe add more castles,villages, lords, and ladies even if they do not exist in TV Show or Books.
  • I started this game on Normal Wars, and the only Norvos declared war on Khalasar. All the other factions were neutral and remained that way for the 500 days I played. I would like to see the factions declare wars and peace constantly.
  • In regards to my last point, declaration of wars and peace in Essos could help us gain Right to Rule if we are in the faction. Sending companions to gain right to rule took ages for them to return and performing in castles rarely gave any right to rule. Without it, it is hard to start your own kingdom.
  • Additionally, we should have the option to flee from Westros to Essos in the beginning of the game if we just not side with anyone.
  • Exiled Knights and Hedge Knights shouldn't attack us when our renown is below a certain amount. They are very fast, very few, and very difficult to defeat at the start.
  • Executing enemy lords that we have -100 relationship with should NOT cause any relationship deterioration with any other faction or character.
  • When capturing a lord that has a companion, we should also capture their companion and have the option to pay them hefty amount of money to join our party.
  • Lords that leave the realm and have companions should have their companions appear in taverns for recruiting.
  • When taking King's Landing, the king's guards from the current king should transfer to the new king.
  • When King's Landing is captured by a faction, only the king/leader of that faction should be awarded with it.
  • There were so many Sellswords in Essos, however, I couldn't recruit them because I did no have enough space in my party. Increase the base party, or make it so renown and leadership points add a large space in the party.
  • Army of the dead should have White Walkers, and try to invade castles instead of roaming around.
  • Not sure if intentional or something related to the books, but in the Targeryan invasion, everyone has the Targeryan flag except Aegon.
  • The ability to start as a certain Lord or King. For example, I could start the game as King Robb, I would have the same facial look, weapons, and fiefs as King Robb does when the game starts. I would also be the King of the North faction. This would be cool because people can assume the role of a character in the game, even a companion such as Jon Snow.
  • I don't understand why we cannot carry the banners of famous houses. No stark banners, Lannister banners for example. I was only able to find vale banner, however, upon selecting that banner, Lady Aryn now carries a random banner. Why can't two lords carry the same banner?
  • Stormlands and Dragonstone should be at war. Targeryan invasion should declare war on Stormlands, Dragonstone, and Westerlands.
Thank you for reading my thoughts and suggestions.
PS: I read somewhere that you might need programmers for Bannerlord when the game comes out to make this mod for it. I know C++ so I would be more than happy to help. Let me know if I can help right now, however, do keep in mind that I have never done any modding myself.  ;)
Best regards, Radon
None of us are free! We're all men of the Night's Watch.

August 30, 2017, 12:03:13 PM #1 Last Edit: August 30, 2017, 03:15:02 PM by Wolfleventis
The point about the noble house banners is wrong. All you need to do is delete the banners_player.dds file in texture; copy and paste any of the faction banner sets (you can only have one), and rename it banners_player.

August 30, 2017, 12:45:18 PM #2 Last Edit: August 31, 2017, 07:09:24 PM by Manfred
  • The ability to start as a certain Lord or King. For example, I could start the game as King Robb, I would have the same facial look, weapons, and fiefs as King Robb does when the game starts. I would also be the King of the North faction. This would be cool because people can assume the role of a character in the game, even a companion such as Jon Snow.

I totally agree on this point , it will be really cool if its implemented to the mod :)

Unfortunately due to time constraints the mod will be feature complete after 2.0.

If certain stretch goals are met on my patreon, this means I can take time off doing overtime and add the features requested.

For now I'm concentrating on finishing the current features, fixing bugs and general polish.

He just said that if his stretch goals are met he may be able to include more things right now he is at $334 a month of a goal of $600. The best way to make sure you get more content added is to support him there.

Quote from: Wolfleventis on August 30, 2017, 12:03:13 PM
The point about the noble house banners is wrong. All you need to do is delete the banners_player.dds file in texture; copy and paste any of the faction banner sets (you can only have one), and rename it banners_player.
I see your point also. But I think this should be available by default for all houses rather than having to edit game files. Thanks for your reply ;)

Quote from: Manfred on August 30, 2017, 12:45:18 PM

I totally agree on this point , it will be really cool if its implemented to the mod :)

I would love to see this feature. It's already kind of implemented in Viking Conquest Reforged Edition so I'm not sure how hard it is to do it though.

Quote from: Produno on August 31, 2017, 07:33:12 PM
Unfortunately due to time constraints the mod will be feature complete after 2.0.

If certain stretch goals are met on my patreon, this means I can take time off doing overtime and add the features requested.

For now I'm concentrating on finishing the current features, fixing bugs and general polish.

I totally understand your point. I hope you reach it (you are very close) and also consider my suggestions when you actually reach the goal. Also, I have changed the thread title to be less specific. Feel free to pin if you would like to see more suggestions, error reporting, and people's thoughts. That way you can direct new users with such intentions to this thread. Thanks for your reply.

Quote from: Aegeta on September 01, 2017, 12:51:55 PM
He just said that if his stretch goals are met he may be able to include more things right now he is at $334 a month of a goal of $600. The best way to make sure you get more content added is to support him there.

Thanks for the info. I hope we get there. I really want this mod to be the perfect GOT mod. Thanks for the reply.

One more thing that I noticed was how some characters can be modified to look closer to their TV actor counterparts. Here is something I tried:
https://imgur.com/aNA9iJm
https://imgur.com/1tiFrhH
https://imgur.com/4fHjMGO

Wow you're great with those sliders. The closest resemblance of a humanoid that I made was a sun-burnt Snoop Dogg. Btw, do you have codes for those guys, so that it could be added into the mod?

Quote from: Moose on September 05, 2017, 01:51:03 PM
Wow you're great with those sliders. The closest resemblance of a humanoid that I made was a sun-burnt Snoop Dogg. Btw, do you have facecodes for those guys, so that it could be added into the mod?
How would I get the face codes?

You need to enable edit mode in launcher, load the game, then go to your character creation screen. After that press Ctrl+E and click on appeared code to copy it.

If you want to see a code of already existing char, go to his skills screen and click on the picture to open creation screen.

Quote from: Moose on September 05, 2017, 07:49:30 PM
You need to enable edit mode in launcher, load the game, then go to your character creation screen. After that press Ctrl+E and click on appeared code to copy it.

If you want to see a code of already existing char, go to his skills screen and click on the picture to open creation screen.
Got it. Do I post the codes here or should I PM them to somebody?

How did you edit the facecodes without knowing how to do it ? :P mmm I like them maybe the noses of Joffrey and Tywin more thin !

Quote from: Ettenrocal on September 06, 2017, 01:52:21 AM
How did you edit the facecodes without knowing how to do it ? :P mmm I like them maybe the noses of Joffrey and Tywin more thin !
I'm offended  :-[ JK!  ;)

Anyways, here are the results for the first 10. Let me know if yall like them...
https://imgur.com/a/r7ztv

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview