Loader
logo

[1.3 STEAM] Bugs galore!

Started by pbergberger, June 21, 2017, 06:33:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
June 21, 2017, 06:33:12 PM Last Edit: July 03, 2017, 11:49:46 AM by Produno
As requested I'm posting the bugs I've come across so far here instead of the Steam Workshop.

1. I strongly suspect that Freelancer causes all sorts of trouble with in-game scripts, leading to timed events not firing & enterprises not generating any revenue as long as I'm freelancing. That's why I believe the static wars were quite literally static for over 300 days until I left the army and about two weeks later, finally, Sean Bean...erm....Ned Stark was beheaded and all hell broke loose.

2. Also related to Freelancer. My companions were properly dismissed upon joining the army but after a few weeks they rejoined me in my lord's army, leading to weirdness such as two Briennes in tournaments (but strangely only she, my first companion, was doubled) and opening up exploits by being able to give them my equipment just before promotion so I got the new stuff and got to keep the old stuff as well. Same applies to being able to hire new companions while enlisted.

3. In addition to that, having my own party within the lord's party also led to problems with the way Freelancer tracks XP for promotion (probably). It seems that the promotion tracker counts all XP given to your party but the actual promotion only occurs after the player char has earned enough XP him/herself. That's why for the last two ranks in the Reach cavalry I was expecting promotions to occur based on the Commander's Report but they didn't actually happen for a few weeks in case of the penultimate upgrade and for the final tier I had to manually give myself 6k XP to be promoted at long last. I should note that by that point I had accumulated 7 companions which might explain why XP gain was diluted significantly.

4. Here's a fun one....the evil twin on the wall.  :o On a new game, go to the "lord's hall" on the Wall and leave through the "door to the town". The first NPC you encounter (and also the 2nd one on the right) is you. If you interact with yourself you act like a court member of your own non-existing kingdom. Also, after meeting yourself, whenever you talk to a faction leader you can ask them about the claimant to their throne...you. Last but not least, in tournaments, you will often have to face...yourself. Admittedly, that last issue could just be another Freelancer problem, since the tournament roster included two of me and two of Brienne.

5. While spending almost a year in the Reach army at peace, I attended a whole bunch of feasts for lack of anything else to do. Consequently, I got to know all the lords and ladies of that faction very well. Imagine my surprise when I discovered that Lady Alysanne Bulwer, the liege of Blackcrown and Whispering was romantically pursuing Lady Olenna Tyrell. Now, I admit it's possible that that is canon in which case it's clearly not a bug but it feels like one.  :P
Also, I was a little disappointed that it seems impossible to woo any of the ladies holding fiefs. I know you can in Perisno although I suppose it's a bit of a coding challenge. On the other hand, I'm not terribly fond of being able to marry Loreza Sand, who is 7 years old, according to the game. It's probably in line with the lore but still.....

6. After spending that year in the army I found myself north of the wall to finally face the White Walker party for "Land of Always Winter" but they were nowhere to be found. Believe me I looked and I'm not above using CTRL+T. There were lots of Broken Men in all shapes and sizes but no White Walkers anywhere. I strongly suspect that they got taken out by some AI party since the quest had been active for a long time. Perhaps it would be better to make that party non-interactive with the AI? Or do they respawn? I have White Walker invasions enabled, if that matters.

That's all I can remember right now. I'm sure I forgot something but that's probably enough for one day. Sorry for all the text, btw, but keeping things short isn't one of my strengths.

June 22, 2017, 06:30:20 PM #1 Last Edit: June 23, 2017, 05:34:30 PM by pbergberger
A new day, some new bugs.

7. When being ambushed by bandits or other unsavoury elements of society in towns, every single time a number of peasants/citizens/random civilians is spawned in addition to the ambushers and I have to kill them too in order to resolve the ambush. This is particularly annoying as the civilians don't necessary aggro unless I get close which means that at times I actively have to search for them. In one instance a peasant spawned in an inaccessible location on top of the Fairmarket (or maybe it was Riverrun) city wall and after searching forever for her, I had to snipe her with a bow to be able to leave the scene. And the worst part is...I don't even get a reward for the citizens I kill, only for the bandits.  >:(
Seriously though, since you cannot tab out of this situation, you may potentially be forced to quit and lose progress if this happens and you can't find that last NPC or don't have a ranged weapon on you.
UPDATE: It happened again today (in Riverrun). The good news is that the location where the one peasant spawned wasn't actually inaccessible, it's just really hard to find the right stairs in the dark. Nonetheless, I shouldn't have to murder random peasants.

8. The clothing item "Merchant Tunic" supposedly gives certain benefits while worn but I can't for the life of me figure out what benefits these are, leading me to believe that it may be bugged. Before you ask, yes, I have the option for items to affect stats enabled and heavy armour slows me down a lot but the tunic doesn't seem to do anything. There are no visible stat changes with the tunic equipped and there's also no effect on merchant prices in towns.

9. The optional second outfit appears to lead to a bug with items affecting your stats. To reproduce, equip a heavy armour piece in your regular inventory and then equip a different clothing item for your second outfit, such as the aforementioned Merchant Tunic. At this point all stats should be properly reduced due to wearing heavy armour. However, if you now enter a town scene that causes you to wear the second outfit (e.g. an inn) and exit back all the way to the world map, upon checking your character stat screen, the heavy armour malus is no longer applied to your stats and even un-equipping & re-equipping doesn't change that. The only way to fix it, that I found, was to open and close the second outfit screen again. Oddly, the bug only seems to affect the body item slot, as I was also wearing heavy boots (primary outfit) and some random light footwear (second outfit) and the proper malus to athletics was applied at all times. What I couldn't determine with certainty was whether this bug only affects the heavy armour stat penalty or whether you're also losing the armour value from wearing the armour piece.

10. A very minor issue I noticed with one of the companions. I can't quite remember which one it was (probably Dick Crabb...maybe) but one of the companions who likes Hibald gave the speech about why he likes him but in that speech he referred to Hibald as UNKNOWN TOKEN. I'm pretty sure he was talking about Hibald though since he talked about how he's not really a merchant, etc. and in my party Hibald is the only person he could've possibly been referencing.

Some bugs I found

Your character will tend to run towards the river when moving around the map. The character will either move back to the closest town or just get pushed back a bit

Kingslanding is bugged when doing seiges. There are some inaccessible areas where enemies are hiding. Only way to finish them off is by using cheats.

The North never attacks the westerlands/lannisters despite being at war which is kinda annoying. Roose Bolton always calling the lords but then cancels it after standing around for a few days.

June 23, 2017, 01:36:39 PM #4 Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:40:51 PM by Produno
Quote from: Raoh on June 23, 2017, 03:19:17 AM
The North never attacks the westerlands/lannisters despite being at war which is kinda annoying. Roose Bolton always calling the lords but then cancels it after standing around for a few days.

I noticed that as well in my game, except that every once in a blue moon a single Northern lord would be taken out while venturing into Lannister territory. To be fair, it's probably an issue with the game's AI since even in vanilla native wars between non-neighbouring factions rarely led anywhere and on this map the distance between the North and the Westerlands is comparatively huge and they're separated by the Riverlands faction.

Also two more relatively minor bugs to report.

11. In my game the travelling merchants, for some reason, always have one item in their roster that's "identified" as opposed to the plethora of "unidentified" ones. It's also always the same item across all travelling merchants every time I meet them...a heavy throwing spear of some description.

12. Every NPC, when wearing a mail coif headpiece suffers from disappearing facial hair. How to reproduce? Pick a party member with facial hair, equip mail coif...voila!

As a side note, I realized today that all the female landed lords in-game are being referred to using male pronouns, so clearly no. 5 is an actual bug. Yay me for getting it right. Boo me for not noticing something as obvious earlier.  :-[

June 24, 2017, 11:58:20 AM #5 Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:44:16 PM by Produno
I ran into an annoying bug today.

13. While trying to complete the Hollow Hill quest with the Lannister raiding party, I found myself unable to attack said party. When I intercept the Tickler and his goons, I got the dialogue option to attack but on the pre-battle tactics screen all I could do was to change the commander or surrender. All the other options simply weren't there. In case it matters, I had +6 relations with the Westerlands but picking the aggressive dialogue option reduced my standing to -10.
I was able to join an attack on the raiding party after kiting another hostile party into them but it appears I cannot receive credit for the kill unless I initiate the battle.  :-\   - Are you sure your character had full health to start the battle?

Maybe you could try a playthrough without freelancer and see if any of these bugs re occur? I suspect freelancer causes a lot of bugs hence why i dont see them when i play (i dont use freelancer). I may just end up removing it for now.

Quote from: pbergberger on June 22, 2017, 06:30:20 PM

7. When being ambushed by bandits or other unsavoury elements of society in towns, every single time a number of peasants/citizens/random civilians is spawned in addition to the ambushers and I have to kill them too in order to resolve the ambush. This is particularly annoying as the civilians don't necessary aggro unless I get close which means that at times I actively have to search for them. In one instance a peasant spawned in an inaccessible location on top of the Fairmarket (or maybe it was Riverrun) city wall and after searching forever for her, I had to snipe her with a bow to be able to leave the scene. And the worst part is...I don't even get a reward for the citizens I kill, only for the bandits.  >:(
Seriously though, since you cannot tab out of this situation, you may potentially be forced to quit and lose progress if this happens and you can't find that last NPC or don't have a ranged weapon on you.
UPDATE: It happened again today (in Riverrun). The good news is that the location where the one peasant spawned wasn't actually inaccessible, it's just really hard to find the right stairs in the dark. Nonetheless, I shouldn't have to murder random peasants.

how did you get them to agro? for me a septon spawned and i cant do sht, it says "this person looks busy" and the oly option i have is to leave or to apologize and then leave ugh

Wow, you've necroed a  post from nearly two years ago. Version 1.3! If you have questions or need help with something, you can ask directly wrting a post, big chances are that something from 1.3 won't work the same now. Closing the thread!