Loader
logo

Why does my game crash or have performance issues?!

Started by Produno, May 02, 2016, 11:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hey, im having a problem where my game will load and get to the main menu screen but no matter what I press it crashed right afterwards with "Mound and Blade Warband has stopped working"

my game crashes when it starts to load. it appears an error: get_object failed for texture: manface_young

Quote from: Produno on May 02, 2016, 11:26:46 AM
A few people report issues with crashing. Here I will try and list the main reasons and things to try.

Make sure you are running the latest version of warband. This mod will only run correctly with version 1.172+.

An obvious one but make sure you are running the latest version of the mod. The latest version will always be linked at the very top of the boards.

Turn on 'Load textures on demand'

Make sure you are not running the game in edit mode.

If you experience stuttering but high fps then your cpu is probably not good enough to handle the formations ai. Try turning this off in the mod options.

If you have low fps then try turning your settings down in the game options.
Hey after your new update i am getting unbearable fps and at 1.2 i was getting really good fps did you let change the graphic engine and if so can you please have a version when the old one from 1.2 and before please or can you show use how if you dont have the time to do it over and upload it

October 12, 2017, 02:09:05 AM #18 Last Edit: October 12, 2017, 02:51:43 AM by Gambit77
I'm getting runtime CTDs regularly (almost always during screen transitions), and in the case of a battle to take King's Landing it CTDs every time I finish the first battle after hitting tab to proceed.  Here's a link to my save from right before the battle where it's a repeatable CTD, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0xe8NAN1WxPZUxieFNHOU1RN1k
My game is up to date, I've verified my files with Steam.
I've only used v2.2, first the download from Steam.  The in an attempt for stability after reading there was issues with the steam download, I switched to the the v2.0 and v2.2 hotfix from ModDB.
I've tried with textures on demand on, then tried with off, then tried with on again.
I've turned the cinematic view on town screen setting off.
I've lowered the battle size to 300, even though I've never had an issue running 750 with other mods.
I have an i7, 1080, and 16GB ram
Windows 10 is up to date.
Is there anything else I can try to make the game stable?
I really want to keep playing this because I love the mod, but the frustration with the crashing is unbearable.
I did use my save from starting with the Steam files when I switched to the ModDB files, could that be a problem?

Quote from: Gambit77 on October 12, 2017, 02:09:05 AM
I'm getting runtime CTDs regularly (almost always during screen transitions), and in the case of a battle to take King's Landing it CTDs every time I finish the first battle after hitting tab to proceed.  Here's a link to my save from right before the battle where it's a repeatable CTD, https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B0xe8NAN1WxPZUxieFNHOU1RN1k
My game is up to date, I've verified my files with Steam.
I've only used v2.2, first the download from Steam.  The in an attempt for stability after reading there was issues with the steam download, I switched to the the v2.0 and v2.2 hotfix from ModDB.
I've tried with textures on demand on, then tried with off, then tried with on again.
I've turned the cinematic view on town screen setting off.
I've lowered the battle size to 300, even though I've never had an issue running 750 with other mods.
I have an i7, 1080, and 16GB ram
Windows 10 is up to date.
Is there anything else I can try to make the game stable?
I really want to keep playing this because I love the mod, but the frustration with the crashing is unbearable.
I did use my save from starting with the Steam files when I switched to the ModDB files, could that be a problem?

It's not impossible for it to be a save issue, but it's highly unlikely, try a new save for an hour or so and see how you get on.

P.s - Export and Import Character if you don't want to lose character progress.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Been trying a new game for a couple days and have only gotten a couple runtime CTDs and neither was repeatable, so it might be worth instructing people to not migrate their saves if they switch from Steam to ModDB files.

So everytime I take over a castle, I get the 4 options.
A: Conquer and forbade plundering
B: Conquer and Plunder
C: Plunder and leave
D: Devastate
Everytime I do anything besides choice A my game will crash. Any ways to fix that?

Perhaps this could help some...

I had random crashes with M&B and especially with the AWOIAF mod.
Checked dozens of graphics and chipset drivers, reinstalled the game several times and even the whole system.
Tested different graphics cards but this error and crashes remained and appeared completely random.

When i was about to change also the PSU on my PC i noticed a broken capacitor on the mainboard.
-> new mainboard -> all issues gone  ;)

This was totally weird because in all other applications even in newer games, i had no issues!
Only in AWOIAF --- as if this mod is so genius that it needed an extra capacitor on the board  ;D

To be serious it seems the M&B engine is very unstable and even a small hardware issue forces the game to crash even if much newer and powerful games do not suffer from this.

So now every time I try to plunder a village it will crash. It'll say charge the peasants or leave them be. I click charge, and the game crashes. Any suggestions?

Hi. ......my game keep crashing on the loading screen
Game is 1.168 and mod is 3.0
It say runtime error ...???????
An solution or just have to update game to 1.172
(Note : have tried other trick like texture on demand ,single thread)

Quote from: SAFAL GURUNG on February 20, 2018, 04:14:59 PM
Hi. ......my game keep crashing on the loading screen
Game is 1.168 and mod is 3.0
It say runtime error ...???????
An solution or just have to update game to 1.172
(Note : have tried other trick like texture on demand ,single thread)

definitely upgrade to 1.172

February 27, 2018, 03:20:54 AM #29 Last Edit: February 27, 2018, 03:24:19 AM by Koelb
Hey, i got an issue, I was training peasants(the bandits quest) and after i ended with the teaching we went to fight but there was like a million of peasants and the game eventually crashed, since they didn't stop coming out. Also, how does i give fiefs to non-companion lords? I have a minister and it doesn't have that option.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview