Loader
logo

Why does my game crash or have performance issues?!

Started by Produno, May 02, 2016, 11:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 02, 2016, 11:26:46 AM Last Edit: May 17, 2022, 01:34:19 PM by Produno
A few people report issues with crashing. Here I will try and list the main reasons and things to try. You can also visit the Wiki FAQ page which gives a few more things to try.

https://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/wiki/index.php/FAQ

Make sure you are running the latest version of warband. This mod will only run correctly with version 1.172+.

An obvious one but make sure you are running the latest version of the mod. The latest version will always be linked at the very top of the boards.

Turn on 'Load textures on demand'

Make sure you are not running the game in edit mode.

If you experience stuttering but high fps then your cpu is probably not good enough to handle the formations ai. Try turning this off in the mod options.

If you have low fps then try turning your settings down in the game options.

HELP! The battles on my game gets just laggy af, but only those with war parties involved, even if they are little ones.
I've read the reasons avobe and it's not my case since I could play the mod without problems before the patch 9.0 and 9.5.
Another detail I've  noticed is that the reports shown on the bottom left part of the screen while in battle doesn't shows anymore
and I can't use backspace to see the map and I will say it again, it is not a problem with mi cpu, pc or wathever.
I hope you can help me because I liked a lot this mod and I just want to play it like I did on 8.5...

Quote from: NordicWoosh on June 10, 2016, 08:10:04 PM
I have the 1.168 version...

If you are using steam please make sure you 'verify integrity of game cache'

June 27, 2016, 03:06:18 PM #5 Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 03:34:52 PM by Chriss1407
Quote from: NordicWoosh on June 08, 2016, 07:53:17 PM
HELP! The battles on my game gets just laggy af, but only those with war parties involved, even if they are little ones.
I've read the reasons avobe and it's not my case since I could play the mod without problems before the patch 9.0 and 9.5.
Another detail I've  noticed is that the reports shown on the bottom left part of the screen while in battle doesn't shows anymore
and I can't use backspace to see the map and I will say it again, it is not a problem with mi cpu, pc or wathever.
I hope you can help me because I liked a lot this mod and I just want to play it like I did on 8.5...

here are some tips that will double the performance of you PC. My computer is 3 years old (400 euros) but I can play all (!!!) games with high graphics and minimum to zero lag:

1:   Create a new limited account/user in windows.
Restart pc and chose new account.
Play m&b;w (or desired game) with this new account. Name each account accordingly so it is easy to access. I have 20 accounts on my PC , each for a specific game.

2:  Click START

My game is currently the latest version but I am still having trouble launching the mod.
I've verified the game cache multiple times but the game is still crashing upon loading the game 1/4 ~ 1/2 of the way.
The code to turn on 'Load textures on demand' is:

use_ondemand_textures = 1
use_ondemand_textures_mt = 1

correct?

Is there anything else i should try?

In the launcher, select Configure -> Video Options ->Load textures on demand; make sure this is ticked.
Not sure if it's the same on the mac version, but here are some screenshots anyways.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Quote from: Kokalo on July 28, 2016, 09:08:19 PM
In the launcher, select Configure -> Video Options ->Load textures on demand; make sure this is ticked.
Not sure if it's the same on the mac version, but here are some screenshots anyways.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

thank you for your help, but i am on mac and there is no such option. I can only lower the texture detail, shadow quality and window resolution.

Hello

First thing first. Thank you for your devotion and hard work.

Now. My game crash always about 70th day. No matter where I am on the map.
previous version 9.9 was quite stable. So it is not a problem of my hardware or "settings". I'm waiting for 1.1.   

When I go to start my game an error message comes up saying unable to load Modules/AWOIAFv1.3/Resource/textures.brf. I followed the same process in installing the mod as I have my other warband mods. Any idea why this is happening?

Probabl you're trying to load only the patch for 1.3. You need to have 1.2 on modules and then extract over that folder the patch (take in mind the patch have a folder inside, first open the folder then extract the contents over 1.2

Quote from: Riven on June 09, 2017, 07:51:35 AM
Probabl you're trying to load only the patch for 1.3. You need to have 1.2 on modules and then extract over that folder the patch (take in mind the patch have a folder inside, first open the folder then extract the contents over 1.2

That was it. Thank you!!

My game loads to about 1/4 and then crashes but I don't get an error message any suggestions on what I should do.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview