Loader
logo

Game freezes and crashes

Started by ApocCali, May 02, 2016, 02:22:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've reinstalled the mod 4 times trying to fix the problem, but it seems that as soon as i progress to the bridge of bones and enter it, it will either immediately freeze up my game and crash or i will get in and the fps will be so bad that the game keeps freezing and unfreezing ever 2 seconds during it. Also then after that all battles seem to start being this way.

Computer specs:
i7 4930k OC to 4.1
GTX 980
32gb Ram

I also use WSEloader to launch my game, also i import my characters skills, don't know if that is affecting this mod.

I've entered Bridge of skulls lots of times (damned night watch people die easily) and never got a crash.
I don't use WSEloader. Are you using latest version? Steam or direct download?

May 02, 2016, 08:12:04 AM #2 Last Edit: May 02, 2016, 08:55:41 AM by ApocCali
I have the steam version of warband and direct download of mod from moddb. Should i try running it without wse? I'm trying it without running WSELoader. So far so good, havent done a battle yet but seems smoother. Will give a update later.

It is still having the same issue even without WSELoader. Every other mod works flawlessly, so it isn't my settings or my computer. I've reinstalled the mod 5 times now with the same exact issues.

Well, it can be a combination of both, because I haven't encountered any problem, only bugs but not crashes. Are you using beta 9? What are your graphical settings? Load textures on demand is on or off?

I am using Beta 9, my graphical settings are max i believe and load textures is on. I don't believe it would be my graphical settings because it doesnt do it with any other mods no matter how many troops are on the field. In massive battles on other mods i get an average of about 60-90 fps. All other times my fps sits at around 120

Try turning off the formations ai in the mod options. See if that makes a difference.

Ok, i disabled it in the mod options and started a new game and did the bridge of bones again with the same effect, really laggy and frames were very skippy.

I have gtx 970 and 2700k cpu and have no issues at all. I can only assume its something to do with your settings. The only option i have off is antialising. Try playing with your settings and see if it makes a difference.

Also make sure you are definitely running v.1.168.

May 03, 2016, 10:23:01 AM #9 Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 11:22:21 AM by Riven
Are you using a save game from beta 8 or is it a new game? Don't know if it's savegame compatible, but usually it isn't.

Quote from: ApocCali on May 03, 2016, 08:34:48 AM
Ok, i disabled it in the mod options and started a new game and did the bridge of bones again with the same effect, really laggy and frames were very skippy.

Btw, you should start a new game then disable that option. The way you worded the above sounds like you done the opposite :).

May 04, 2016, 12:25:54 AM #11 Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:40:48 AM by ApocCali
Yeah, just bad wording, i did start a new game then turned the options off. I will turn off anti-aliasing now and get back to you to see. Also something i discovered recently doubt this is the cause, but my C: Hard-Drive is starting to fail when i ran a check on all my hard drives, but my game is installed on a different one that is working fine. Also definitely running the correct versions.

On the main menu of Beta 9 on the left it says v. 1.153, im assuming thats what you meant by the correct version? if thats the version it has me on how do i upgrade to the newest version since i am using steam and i figured it auto updates for me.

Alright i believe i fixed it, for some reason my game would not update to the latest patch 1.168, so i had to delete my game and reinstall it on steam and it seemed to install the correct version. So i made another new game and did the bridge of bones and it works flawlessly now. So i guess the problem was just my game being out of date for some weird reason. Thanks guys, i'll continue playing and let you know if i start experiencing any of the same problems while im on 1.168.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview