Loader
logo

Mod Options not functioning properly

Started by Troub, February 11, 2016, 04:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
This is sort of game-breaking as I am not able to turn off features, I don't really want to use.

Certain options in the mod options menu can not be selected. I can select cheat menu, disable siege, fall down, and some other options. However, no matter what I do if I select decapitaton, disable rest morale, and a couple of other options. As soon as I leave that mod options screen, they go back to the option they were selected to before as well. Also, if I hit restore default, it will restore all options except for those bottom group of options.

Additionally, no matter how long I rest at a city center my troops are not rested and continue to suffer the rest penalty. It would be fine, but once again can't turn the option off either so it sort of leaves me with a broken game.

Also, my notifications don't come up at most times. Not a huge issue, happens with a lot of mods, but could be relevant information to the issue that is causing the other issues.

Thanks.

Its not meant to be toggable. It will be removed for the next update.

I have modified moral and added plenty of ways to recuperate it to allow for this. Leading an army is hard and having them march non stop every where fighting and whatever else with no rest is going to make then pissed off. It also makes you use the camp and rest option which would otherwise be mostly ignored. Finding somewhere to set up camp can be a challenge but thats what makes this mod exciting.

Also its another reason to create an outpost.

If you rest in a city before night until morning you will recover most if not all of your lost moral. I normally find I can travel for several days but as long as I make sure I then spend two nights in a row in a town my men will be fine. Don't forget you can also rest at inns doted about or if you are a follower of the seven you can rest at septry's. If you complete the initial quest you can also rest at the farmstead.

Carrying lots of different types of food or alcohol will also help moral.

If you win enough battles whilst travelling you would never ever need to rest anyway so with all the different ways to gain moral ive no idea why people complain.

The idea why people complaint is when they rest in their castle, or town or even other lord castles, towns, the morale still got penalty.In my case, the lack of rest penalty forever be -83, no matter how many time i spent rest in my castle, and so make my party morale easily become terrible.
Tried many ways, food, beer, wine, companion and character entertainment, battles but never can keep morale high for 2-3 days in game, so now, i go everywhere in the map only with my companion (8 men) and my party morale is terrible, really funny.
Or maybe that the only way for me to play this mod?

to make your rest count you should spend a night in a tavern/inn without stopping(clicking any mouse button) until you reach the morning and the message "your troops feel refreshed from the night's rest" shows. it then cuts your tiredness penalty by half each night you rest until the penalty reaches -1 and after the next night(if you don't march again and make your troops tired again) it becomes 0. Did you try just waiting the whole night until you see the "your troops feel refreshed from the night's rest" on the bottom left of your screen? also, be sure you rest inside the city or castle(using the option "wait here for some time"). If your problem continues, please post here again.

As i said, i'm rested more than 1 night, nearly a week, or even more, i used that option wait here for some time and stay in castle for whole time, not only night, not click anywhere and i never see that message "your troops feel refreshed from the night's rest", my party morale still keep -83 penalty "lack of rest".
I even tried some option in cheat menu, use banquet at my castle, brothel, wine, beer, variety food, .... but nothing can keep morale high long enough without many coin and honour.
Here are the save file:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/9nmp72gugb3d6un/sg03.sav

What version of the mod are you playing?

Hes on 8.6. I've tested your save and I'm pretty sure its because you have clicked the disable morale realism in the mod options. It seems it has halted your resting moral at -83 and will neither go higher by not resting, nor lower by resting. Clicking it again will not turn it back on to alleviate this.

I have completely removed this option from the mod options for the next update so this should cause no more issues, though obviously more testing will need to be done once its released. Infact, I've removed most of the options because most are not needed now.

Unfortunately the swings and roundabouts of playing a Beta version.

You could use the savegame editor on TW forums and see if you can reset it.