Loader
logo

Dev build 04.11.15

Started by Produno, November 04, 2015, 03:08:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I will do my best to provide info.

Quote from: Produno on November 05, 2015, 10:17:50 PM
It seems lowering or heightening in this case stipulates a %age of who they will attack.  There is actually a script that tells what every lord or Ai should attack next based on various decisions..

I tried that several time, but i actually am not sure how the arguments for war influence a faction leader. For example what does it mean in terms of game systems and actions that "they are making fool of us"? How does the system recognize that a faction is weak and accepts that as a good reason to start a war?

Hi. Has there been any story change or any new story quests?

Thanks.

Quote from: Michael Jankinson on November 06, 2015, 02:53:51 PM
Hi. Has there been any story change or any new story quests?

Thanks.

Not since beta 7 hotfix2. The main aim of this mod is to provide the right features for a good sandbox experience. Not to follow the story we already know, there is at least one other mod that already does this.

And i like this mod for that reason :)

Anyway i noticed that 3% increase in injury chance. Besides, injuries don't take only longer to heal, but are also much more severe. While it makes sense that i lose 3 agility and the like for a broken leg, i just got a broken arm too and i am basically a cripple lol.

I like having maesters who can heal me (though i would like to see one in service to each House/keep) but i think their prices might be a bit to high. I could understand that as a common peasant the services of a lord's own maester may be expensive, but even as a mercenary leader (and i assume this would be the same if i were a Lord of the realm) i have to pay 1500 stags just to heal a leg.. And now i have two very severe injuries.. I realistically will not be able to afford it anytime soon since i started a little while ago and got many misfortunes on my way. Perhaphs something like 500 stags to heal a bad injury for a mercenary leader in service of the realm would be better.. Considering that with all the injuries i have i will almost not be able to fight for a looong time.

P.S. How long does it take now for injuries to heal?

I like to keep the usual theme of GoT and make battles bloody and gruesome. That means you will probably get injured a lot :). I didn't notice much difference when I was testing, constantly killing myself. Maybe your just having bad luck.

The heal time is currently worked out depending on certain stats. But has a base value of 41 days for minor and 51 for major. Though it deducts stuff like agility, athletics and something else (which I cant remember atm). Then randomises what's left by a certain degree. So yeah high athletics will help you to not get injured.

I'm not sure injuries stack when getting healed from a maester currently. I didn't have time to check for every injury so just done it depending on minor or major. Meaning only one minor or one major will heal heal everything of that type. Hence the high price. Once this is fleshed out correctly then the price will come down and I may change the price depending on renown.

Btw, base values for renown depending on type?

Merc, Knight King? I may change this now as it will only take a few mins.

Merc = 300?
Knight = 600?
King = 1200?

Seems about right?

Quote from: Produno on November 06, 2015, 07:41:16 PM
Btw, base values for renown depending on type?

Merc, Knight King? I may change this now as it will only take a few mins.

Merc = 300?
Knight = 600?
King = 1200?

Seems about right?
Wait. How do you become a Knight?

However if you are saying that with "ranks" you get a higher base renown, i agree. Being knighted by some lord or king should make you more known (not sure you can even be a hedge knight anyway :p ), let alone if you become a king.

No, it was a reference for renown.

Though I was toying with the idea of becoming the King of the seven kingdoms. It can be done with some work (all dialogues etc has to be changed). But working on my own has not allowed me to do most of the things I wanted :(. The same can be done for a knight. It would be easy to set a dialogue to be knighted depending on certain conditions being met, but then for it to be any good, all convos etc would again need to be changed to account for it.

Quote from: Produno on November 06, 2015, 09:06:16 PM
No, it was a reference for renown.

Though I was toying with the idea of becoming the King of the seven kingdoms. It can be done with some work (all dialogues etc has to be changed). But working on my own has not allowed me to do most of the things I wanted :(. The same can be done for a knight. It would be easy to set a dialogue to be knighted depending on certain conditions being met, but then for it to be any good, all convos etc would again need to be changed to account for it.
Well, someone mentioned titles, so you could set certain requirements (ex. capturing an enemy lord/king while having X honor and having the Faith of the Seven as your religion) you could get a "Ser" before the player name without changing any dialog, if possible :)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview