Loader
logo

Some Beta 8 Bugs/Issues

Started by septim525, September 27, 2015, 09:05:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 27, 2015, 09:05:49 PM Last Edit: October 18, 2015, 11:52:48 AM by Produno
Some of these aren't bugs, but just things I have a problem with. Also, some of the things I have a problem with may have been in the mod for a long time, but I would say that my suggestions are usually logical.

1. Some of the banners(those that can be chosen by the player) repeat.

2. There are women peasants at the wall courtyard scene? There wouldn't be any women at the wall unless this is in the 5th book where Jon Snow lets the wildlings past the wall.  - Fixed -

3. In this mod, the wall itself is a castle, doesn't make sense because according to lore there are castles along the wall while the wall itself is just a wall.  - The wall scene is currently being made by Gokiller -

4. Dragonstone starts out with Felwood and the Weeping Town? Maybe this would make sense after King Renly dies, but not at the beginning of the game.

5. Ser Barristan Selmy gets dismissed by King Joffrey, yet he is still the commander of the Kingsguard in this mod.  - - I'm pretty sure he was dismissed after the purgh (the starting point of this mod) -

6. When you ask someone for a friendly duel, it says "Click TAB for begin duel now please". Should say something like "Press TAB to begin the duel", it utilizes proper grammar and I don't see why the game should say "please" lol.  - Fixed -

7. So I spoke with a sellsword captain in the inn located in King's Landing. I bought him and his company for 1000 gold, but when I looked in my party menu, I only had the sellsword captain and no sellswords. - This is correct, you only hire companies from the main menu. These Captains are different and can be controlled like companions.  -

8. Alerie Tyrell(located in Highgarden) seems to have a bit of a glitched character model. Her neck textures are a bit messed up, just find her and you'll see what I mean. - - Fixed -

9. The banner over Casterly Rock is not the Lannister banner.

10. I noticed that Lordsport, the biggest trading port in the Iron Islands, is not in this mod. I think it would make sense for it to be in this mod, as it would be a major source of income for the Iron Islands.

11. Uplands, near Oldtown, belongs to the Stormlands. I'm pretty sure it actually belongs to the Reach.

12. Plate helm is a blackish color, while plate armor is silver, I think the helm should match the armor. - You will find most armours etc have generic names, it doesn't mean they are part of a set. -

13. The new horses, like the chargers, look really shiny, too shiny. - Fixed -

14. The staircase in the great hall of Sisterton is blocked at the top by what looks like a slab of concrete. - Fixed -

15. Ser Gregor Clegane is literally a giant lol. Like he's twice the height of my character, and I chose Westerlands(tall) in the character creation. Gregor is supposed to be tall, but not like 12 feet tall. - Fixed -

16. So sometimes at random inns, your own character will be standing by the exit, and you can speak with yourself. The dialogue options are similar to that of a hireling that you would have once you own a fief. For example, "Let's hire a spy" is one and "I require information about a lord" is another. If you dismiss him, he will take on the dialogue of a different hireling. Like he might start as your seneschal but then he'll become your castellan. It's weird.

17. So I have a ship and the crew is within the size limit(30-90) but it still says I can't set sail because my crew is either too large or too small.

18. I don't know if this happens with other npc's..but I spoke with King Renly and there was a dialogue option "So I have met in my travels one who calls himself (insert player charcacter name here)..." and then Renly went off into some nonsense story.

19. Renly's Baratheon banner is incorrect. It should be a crowned black stag on a yellow field. - The banner made is taken from the TV show. -

20. Lady Lysa Arryn has gray hair when she's really only about 30 years old at most.

21. Runestone on the map, and the interior of the castle look very weird. On the map, the castle is half sunken in the ground, and the inside has these strange gray walls on the upper floor. - Fixed -

22. I think it's weird that some women are leading armies. Like Lady Lysa Arryn and Lady Alysanne Bulwer. Women in ASOIAF never lead armies, or served in them. Brienne and the Mormont women are rare exceptions.

23. This might just be me, but when I exit a castle or anything else to get back to the campaign map, the textures are glitchy for a couple seconds and then go back to normal. I don't know, this could just be me or it could've maybe been part of the game all along.  - It happens to me also, I think its to do with the map icons, they are much more performance intensive than the native ones -

24. The wall textures inside the great hall at Bear Island are a bit glitchy. - Fixed -

25. If you choose to attack King Joffrey's party, he'll call you a "boy", even though he's 13. Lol :) - Yeah, I doubt he really cares who he's addressing and his age.. he is an ass remember ;) -

Well that's what I've found so far. :)

Nice nice, have you been able to replicate that bug I've found at inns? With your character talking to a copy of your own character? It's really quite strange.

Btw dude. I've seen another guy say that Renly Baratheon's banner is yellow and black. I know that you're taking it from the tv show, but it is wrong. The lore friendly banner is yellow and black, George R.R Martin says so in the books, and he even has pictures of it in them. Just do a google search of "Baratheon banner" and you'll see it dude, trust me.

Quote from: septim525 on October 18, 2015, 12:58:58 PM
Nice nice, have you been able to replicate that bug I've found at inns? With your character talking to a copy of your own character? It's really quite strange.

Yeah, it only rarely happens though and most of the time if you exit and re enter its fine, which makes it hard to find.

Actually that bug happened quite often to me. Not sure if there are specific conditions to replicate it though, sorry :(

On the other hand, i have not-so-proudly found an easily fixable (i think) but pretty annoying bug: Claw Isle is, basically, unreachable by sea. If you click on it to travel there, you get stuck until you select another destination. This means that Stannis' party tries to travel there because he has to collect his dues etc. but he can never get there. I made a new character to enlist in Stannis' army but i found it almost unplayable because his party gets stuck for weeks ..  Can you fix it for Beta 8? :D

Ill take a look :).

If anyone notices anything specific with the tavern bug that would help a lot. Ive checked all the code and nothings changed for the tavern scene so I'm pretty mind boggled as to why its happening. I keep digging and see what I can find.

Ive also sent an updated dev build to WolfWitness  regarding a fix for the lords not re-spawning. If anyone else wants it to test this then let me know. Though its specifically for testing the lords respawn...

Unless one of the spawning NPCs has a similar code as the player, I got nothing on the tavern clone issue. Just about the only noteworthy thing to say when the issue happens is that the character you're controlling in standing on a spot where an npc spawns.

November 11, 2015, 11:43:32 AM #7 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 11:47:56 AM by thenextking
There is some bug in the beta 8 version during the sieges:

- After the quest "The Purge" you leave kings land as an enemy of Westerlands, so I decided to join an assault of riverlords during a siege. Despite  I'm just a commoner (I'm not a riverlord), all soldires are following my orders. Is this normal?

- I usually try kill all the archers in the walls during an assault and after I order my faction/ally archers to "hold this position" in the top of the castle wall. The problem is that I was knocked unconscious during the battle and the following waves of archers did not follow my previous orders. They just stand where they apeared and don't move a single step to the castle. I think it would be very annoing if try to take Kings Landing, considering your troops have to walk a lot until the city walls.

The third bug is not related with sieges. In my game, Broon, Briene and Jorah have Silver Hairs!

Last one: The Iron Island and the North are not at war? Or they will randomly start a war at some point?

In Beta 8 the North and the Iron Islands do not start at ear (after all, they did not attack the North right at the start of the War of the Five Kings) but i think they have bad relations or something like that; once a border incident happened, it took little effort to convince Robb Stark to declare war.

Two more things that are bothering me (in addition to the first point raised by thenextking):

- i remember in beta 7 peasants defending their villages against raids were armed with wooden clubs and other simple weapons, which made for an easy victory for the raiders vs an automatic slaughter like it is now that they are unarmed. Why this?

-since Beta 7, i think, i encountered a few times a very annoying bug during battles:  when there is one enemy left, he/she starts to "teleport" backwards along the edges of the map, making it nearly impossibile for my troops to kill him and end the battle..

November 12, 2015, 08:28:37 PM #9 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 08:31:15 PM by Produno
Other than the first point mentioned by thenextking, all are fairly simple fixes and I will work on them for the next hotfix.

Keep the reports coming :).

edit*

for the teleporting bug, do you know which battles and map it was? ie a random map against bandits or whatever?

for the teleporting bug, do you know which battles and map it was? ie a random map against bandits or whatever?

I only remember that when it happened last time (today) it was a random map against ironmen around Flint's Finger , probably spawned by a landing site.

Quote from: Matt Ward on November 12, 2015, 08:21:34 PM
In Beta 8 the North and the Iron Islands do not start at ear (after all, they did not attack the North right at the start of the War of the Five Kings) but i think they have bad relations or something like that; once a border incident happened, it took little effort to convince Robb Stark to declare war.

Actually, the faction relation between The North and the iron island is 80. I'm fighting alone against the iron island and every time I take a lord as a prisioner my relation with the north get worse. They shouldn't be allies.

By the way: the Pike siege Bug remains.

- I'd like to congratulate the developers about the Night's watch faction relation. I mean, they used to get upset after I took a lord as a prisioner in beta 7 and according to the correct lore they exist only to protect the realm. In beta 8, they really don't get involved in my war against the iron island, so this problem looks solved.

- I have to say that "the killing lord system" has really improved in Beta 8. I couldn't kill kings in Beta 7 + hot fix 2 and now I can! Also, I noticed that the lord with the highiest renown was choose king after I killed Balon Greyjoy. That was awesome guys, you did a great work doing that!

_ now a suggestion: I think "The Vale" shouldn't have any ally in this game. In the books they are neutral and in "A World Of Ice And Fire " they are allies of Stormlands and The Reach. 

I agree the Vale should be neutral.

oh,  and i think i know now which bug Pyke siege bug you were talking about..  :-\

Yeah that was a small typo/bug with the Iron Islands and the North. Now resolved :).

I shall also change relations of The Vale for the next patch.

Can someone please post screenshots outlining the faults with Pyke? I will then take another look at it.

Small thing: i think the novels do not say who is the current Lord of House Fossoway of Cider Hall (there is another branch, the Fossoway of New Barrel), so i guess it is fine to give the role to Ser Bryan Fossoway, however their banner should have a red apple, not a black bird on a green field :)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview