Loader
logo

Massive Faction Swings

Started by Erasmus, June 26, 2014, 01:34:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I keep in encountering different situations where I end up having massive faction swings and the whole world hates me immediately.  For example, I moved in to help half-hand in a fight against Mance, we won, as soon as we won every faction in the world other than the Nights Watch immediately went hostile.  Again just now I fought a Volantian lord and the whole world went hostile again.  Is this working as intended? If so what am I doing wrong?

The factions you loose relations with are factions that are at war with the faction you aided? If thats so then its working as intended but i still need to tweak the relations so its not so aggresive.

If every single faction in the game goes to war with you, even those freindly to the faction you aided, then no its not working as intended.

June 26, 2014, 03:50:07 PM #2 Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 05:12:27 AM by Erasmus
The first time it happened I was unaligned and after helping the nights watch troop in battle faction changed with everyone to the point that I had to sneak into every single town. I ended up joining a faction to wipe the opinions of me clean and then abandoned that faction so I went from everyone hating me to just that one.

It happened again last night but fortunately I was able to convince a lord from beyond the wall to join my cause which let me start my own kingdom and gave me access to a town so it wasn't as detrimental to play.  I am somewhat sure that it is happening when you capture a lord after battle instead of letting them go.

Edit: also just noticed that either this same faction swing, or another event, caused every town in the world to be -2 with me so I need to pay off the village elder 2x to be able to see the recruit option.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview