Loader
logo

Bug; permanent 0% health

Started by tedwids12, May 06, 2015, 06:26:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
I've encountered a bug whenever i die. it seems to happen more often if i sustain an injury. my character never heals. most times ill just remain on about 8-11% health (no matter how long i rest).

Other times my character has gone down to 0% health. (this leads to me ceasing to exist on the army tab page and i can no longer move my army or view my character profile because according to the game i don't exist)

I've tried quitting and re loading but nothing seems to work. its game breaking I've had to restart but it seems to re-occur. any reasons you might think this happens.

Would like to know if anyone else has had this problem

apparently my images are too big to post so i can't really show what the problem is in detail, any help?

Had you been using cheats at all? A few people have reported problems with zero health of different heroes, or others dieing when they shouldn't and they all seem related to using cheats.

Also, which version are you using? Have you applied the latest hotfix?

What OS are you running on?

What version Warband are you using?

Hey I'm getting this and similar glitches; what happens is that sometimes the leader of the varying armies is (eliminated?) and just doesn't show up any more. For AI armies this means the lords vanish for a little while (and their army is disbanded when it reaches one of their forts) while for me it means I can't play except as I last appeared. This also happened to two of my heroes early in my current game (but they came back after a month or so in-game).

I just have to say I love your mod and it has inspired me to begin learning to mod. Keep up the fantastic work.

Same problem here too, in one battle my character fell in the battle and his health simply will not move past 1... This renders me unable to move or interact with basically anything, the game considers me gone for good. I am not even displayed in my party.
I have never used any cheats.

Hmm, this is quite concerning. Ive never encountered this problem before..

Anything you guys have in common? Can you remember anything specific you were doing before it happened? Have you been using custom commander? Have you seen any patterns when it happens? Any type of battle it happens in?

As much info as you all can will hopefully help us find a common denominator.

May 29, 2015, 08:11:53 PM #6 Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 11:27:45 PM by Bsoky
This just happened to me again. I dont know if it has anyhting to do with this, but  the first time i got knocked out after i had turned on native/w formations and all charge on battle continuation i "died".

EDIT
This is actually pretty cool, now as my main character has died i actually am in control permanently off Gendry, who was my former companion.

When it happened to me, I was caught in an ambush.
I was hoping I would find a solution here because it has made my save useless, so now I have to load a 20 days earlier save, and since I am on day 270, going back 20 days takes me way back to time I had only one city in my kingdom...
Well what is there to do, I will start from earlier and I hope you will fix this problem so that others do not need to start over.

Amazing work and a great modification have you done BTW. ;)

Hmm, i think it may be A bug introduced with custom commander. When you are able to select different companions for battles. At least thats my gut instinct atm. I shall have to start trawling through the code with a fine tooth comb, i can say goodbye to early nights until this things found Now.. Bah :).

I had a little play with this and updated some code for custom commander, as it seems its not working correctly yet.

If you change commander when your main character has been injured (cant join battle). It doesnt seem to let your character heal. But if you get captured, once you get free your characters health gets restored.

Can someone check the same happens when your character is dead/removed/whatever?

If trying to change commander when your caracter is injured, it only gives the option to surrender. I need to see if i can allow the companion to take the players place so you can actually battle. That way your second in command can take your place in battle as yourself :).

So heres what ive come up with.

First i got into a fight vs robber knights in which i got knocked out. I tried changing commander then to still be able to go to battle, which didnt work. I had to auto resolve this fight. After the fight i was still alive, just injured.

The second fight i got into was versus i think bandits, now as i entered the battle i was playing as the companion i tried to switch to during the robber knights fight. During this fight i could switch back and forth between different commanders without a problem( My character was alive during this).

After this i unprovoked attacked one of the stormland lords. During this fight my character died (Laric tauer http://i.imgur.com/V0ndyvH.jpg ) alongside a whole lot of companions.

I was then in control of ser Jaime lannister, got into a fight with a riverland lord, got captured. After i was released i was still in control of Jaime lannister, as my character was still "dead"

From what i can tell the problem lies in fighting with other lords, thats when all companions and the character seems to be dying. I dont think i have ever died fighting bandits or anything similar.

Just so everyone knows, im pretty sure ive fixed this problem now.

Thanks to everyone thats tested and posted feedback, it all helped :).

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview