Loader
logo

Encounter bug

Started by Coldfingers, October 01, 2015, 03:30:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello,

I am new to this forum and have not had the time to read through all of the bugs and resolutions. If this problem has been addressed please point me to the info.

The problem I am having is a crash when I encounter a group on the open map. It seems to crash when it is trying to load the initial conversation screen. It doesn't happen every time but is fairly frequent. It dose not seem to matter if its an bandit group or another lords group.

It also happens when I want to talk to a companion. When I access the party screen, once out of every five times the game crashes when I click the talk button.

I've taken to saving before any encounter and before talking to companions. This seems to lessen the chance of a crash.

I really enjoy this mod and am running the Dev. build for beta 8.

I am running the game with single threading and DirectX 7. I have the graphics settings around 60%. It seems like my rig should handle max settings but for the most part I have had choppy success running the mod without dialing the settings back. I have a new rig on order so if it is my hardware that will be a non issue at the end of the month.

Again if this has been addressed in this forum please let me know. I am really enjoying this mod! keep up the good work!

here is my comp specs:
[spoiler]
Alienware M15x
Windows 10
I7-740QM, 1.73, 6MB, CLF, B1
8G Ram
ATI GRAPHICS CARD, 5670 HD

Hello mate,

No one had reported this, i also havnt noticed this issue so it could well be your hardware.

If anyone does have issues with this please do post here.

Well I suppose we will know soon enough when my new rig arrives.

Thanks for the response, and I will report back when I have more info on it.

Great mod, lots of fun!

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview