Loader
logo

Current changelog for v0.6.0

Started by Produno, June 16, 2014, 10:43:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Quote from: Produno on August 20, 2014, 10:40:05 PM
Well, for a little bit of inside information for you guys and gals that frequent the forums.

Sounds good!
I'm currently looking into the modding tutorials and at things that I could possibly assist with if your looking for more help?
- Don't worry I'm not going to offer to be a researcher! :)

A small update.

I have quite a few things to bugfix. Then i want to go through the troops and add/change some armour and then finish a few more map icons. I will then be ready to release the update. Not long now :).

Nice! I'm Back from the Europe on the 13th. A release for then would be lovley *cough* hint *cough* ;)

is there a possibility to make renly baratheon an separate faction? as he on the same party as the tyrell isn't lore friendly imo...
BTW your mod is the best GoT mod, and possibly the best mod on M&B WB, and it's on aplha stage haha

At the time of the mod Renly was backed by the Tyrells, so imo it makes sense to have them in the same faction. Plus having Renly on his own would make him very weak.

Just a heads up i shall be releasing Alpha V0.6.0 on Friday. Go tell your friends ;).

You're killing me Produno! I work a 24 shift starting tonight and I am allowed to be on a laptop...I've been hoping v0.6.0 would be out before I have to go.
"AT-STs will no longer be deployed on planets with an abundance of trees or other known obstacles such as rock-wielding primitives."

Quote from: Produno on September 13, 2014, 03:33:06 PM
At the time of the mod Renly was backed by the Tyrells, so imo it makes sense to have them in the same faction. Plus having Renly on his own would make him very weak.

Just a heads up i shall be releasing Alpha V0.6.0 on Friday. Go tell your friends ;).

The factions could be as follows:

House Baratheon of King's Landing
House Baratheon of Storm's End
House Baratheon of Dragonstone
The Kingdom of the North and the Trident
The Kingdom of the Isles and the North
The Vale
Dorne

That makes the most sense to me rather than naming a faction "House Tyrell" or "The North" etc as these are the actual faction names as would have been written down in the Westeros histories.

A couple of problems I see with this. What if House Baratheon of Kings Landing loose Kings Landing? Same goes for the others.

Ive called the factions as they are in the TV Show, I would prefer to keep them that way for now. Troop trees, lords, castles etc have all been built around this, it would take some work to change everything around.

Quote from: Produno on September 14, 2014, 07:31:06 PM
A couple of problems I see with this. What if House Baratheon of Kings Landing loose Kings Landing? Same goes for the others.

Ive called the factions as they are in the TV Show, I would prefer to keep them that way for now. Troop trees, lords, castles etc have all been built around this, it would take some work to change everything around.

I would argue then what would happen if the player killed all the Tyrells, it would no longer be House Tyrell; but the supporters of House Baratheon of Storm's End for the Iron throne :P
(For the record troop trees etc imo should be named after the region the originate from - House Tyrell/Florent/Hightower/Fossoway/etc Knights being called Reach Knight for example)

Also I agree with luccaprado that Renly and the Reach should be different (but allied) factions. Renly had all of the Stormland Lords following him with the Tyrell forces pledging to him only after the marriage so he wouldn't be weak at all.

- "According to a semi-canon source from 2005,[4] the storm lords could raise perhaps thirty thousand soldiers." From the wiki of Ice and Fire

Of course I accept it's your mod and your choice, just my opinion on the matter whilst factions were being raised :)

Quote from: Snuff_The_Rooster on September 15, 2014, 10:54:09 AM

I would argue then what would happen if the player killed all the Tyrells, it would no longer be House Tyrell; but the supporters of House Baratheon of Storm's End for the Iron throne :P

You can kill characters? :O

Quote from: kadaeux on September 15, 2014, 05:48:27 PM

Yup, aWoIaF is based on Brytenwalda which had the option to execute Lords that were your prisoners. At a honour and relation decrease.

Quote from: Produno on September 13, 2014, 03:33:06 PM

Yaaaaaaaaay!

Quote from: Snuff_The_Rooster on September 15, 2014, 06:35:06 PM
Quote from: kadaeux on September 15, 2014, 05:48:27 PM

Yup, aWoIaF is based on Brytenwalda which had the option to execute Lords that were your prisoners. At a honour and relation decrease.

Then it is my duty to wipe out these damned Baratheons. Always upstarts. First they cause a war with Argilac and then that whole rebellion business.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview