Loader
logo

patch V0.5.3 Observations

Started by Karl XII, May 24, 2014, 06:33:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
1) It seems that in the character generation screen several options to be tall or short have been removed.

2) When given the option how to bury someone, the full range of options needs to be available. As a follower of the Old Gods, having an either/or option of Seven or Fire God does me nothing but harm.

1) Can anyone else confirm this? Its ok my end.

2) Do you mean after battle? Its not related to religion, it just gives you an option to choose, as you would have to in the real world.

1) Just tried it again, and it worked. Probably user error before.

2) No, not after battle. The random event from Brytenwalda, where you could go pagan pagan or christian burial and your choice increases your relations with the one you choose and and hurts your relations with the other. Or you can choose neither and take a reputation hit. You've got it running here, and so far I've only seen it offer the 7 or the fire god.

3) You also might want to turn off the seasonal stuff. "Winter is the worst time for war" is a bit odd given the context of Westeros. ;)

heh, yeah. its one of them things i keep meaning to get round to but never get chance.. :)

May 26, 2014, 03:20:35 PM #6 Last Edit: May 26, 2014, 03:29:56 PM by Karl XII
4) Shouldn't Bear Island be House Stark?

5) "Help Escaped Slaves" random event from Bryt. should probably be switched off or altered to reflect faction views on slavery.

4) should be, ill check this.

5) ill change this also.

May 27, 2014, 04:59:10 AM #8 Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 01:15:12 AM by Karl XII
6) More spawning location issues. I just did the train peasants quest in Cerwyn. Now, the nice big village with the castle is pretty and all, but problematic given the limitations of the AI. First, I wound up having to search the village for training fight peasants busily trying to run through buildings and trees. Then the bandits spawned inside the castle and couldn't get out. I charged, and my guys were trying to run through the wall on one side while the bandits did the same on the other. Wound up having to go through the castle gate and kill the bandits single-handed.

In a similar vein and given the limits of tactical ordering and AI movement, I heartily suggest somewhat decluttered battlefields.

7) This also applies to Bryt. Given the size of the armies involved, even early on, it may be desirable to add some sort of multiplier to the forage skill. Perhaps linked to the size of the army? After all, the head forager be leading foraging parties, not wandering around alone.

8 ) Dagmar/Angar at The Arbour can't be fought. When one makes contact, the only options available are "Set-up multi-player battle" and "Leave".
Additional: It gets worse. Agmar follows you around messing up resting at village, etc., while having no option to kill them.
Additional: My current game is unplayable due to this.

9) It would be nice if the wandering crows behaved like Yoren. The all or nothing with the prisoners is problematic.

5) "Help Escaped Slaves" random event from Bryt. should probably be switched off or altered to reflect faction views on slavery.

Anymore info on this? I cant find it in the module files, anything from the dialogue i could search for would be great.

9) It would be nice if the wandering crows behaved like Yoren. The all or nothing with the prisoners is problematic.

The exchange screen with Yoren is hard coded and i wanted the wandering crows to behave differently. Ill have to have a think about this and see how i could make it work differently.

5) LOL...just ran into it, wish I'd seen this first. :P

It's something to the effect that:
"You encounter a group of runaway slaves. Do you

Return them to their masters
Help them on their way."

If you return them, you get 30 stags. If you help them on their way, you take a hit on honour.

2) When given the option how to bury someone, the full range of options needs to be available. As a follower of the Old Gods, having an either/or option of Seven or Fire God does me nothing but harm.

Ive left this in. Its just a choice you have to make, and possibly a choice you would have to make irl. Though ive reduced the consequences alot!

Well, the crypts of Winterfell suggest that the Northmen entomb their elites and (probably) just bury the common dead. Wealth and status matter. It certainly fits a model based on Norse/Celtic culture. See also, the Barrowlands. I would think that the location of burial matters. It might not be out of place to add a flavor option eventually to have the body of a follower of the Old Gods shipped off home for burial in the tomb of his fathers.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview