Loader
logo

v0.5.3 Bug Observations by Odysseus

Started by Odysseus, May 28, 2014, 02:19:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
May 28, 2014, 02:19:36 AM Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 05:24:30 PM by Odysseus
Graphics/Aesthetic Issues
[spoiler]

• In the Mystic Merchant's Inventory in (at least) White Harbor, the following error appears: UNABLE TO FIND MESH BL_COAT03B
  • In the Armor Merchant in (at least) Sisterton, the following error appears: UNABLE TO FIND MESH VALE_HELMET_HEAVY, VALE_HELMET_HEAVY, VALE_HELMET_LIGHT
[/spoiler]

Gameplay/Immersion Issues
[spoiler]

• During the quest to catch a spy for a lord (in this case, Robb Stark), the "Ordinary Townsman" arguably moves a little too fast to be successfully followed, at least with a larger party. Numerous attempts to catch up on a route between Winterfell and Blacktyde were met with failure, as the accomplices returned to Blacktyde long before a player could locate them. "Ordinary Townsman" left no trail. Not necessarily a bug.
  • Also not exactly a bug, however: Caravans to/from The Wildlings are strange to see. To a lesser extent, so are Dothraki caravans, but particularly in Westeros. In both cases, neither faction has conquered any peoples more amenable to peaceable trade.
  • Ulcagnus, a Brytenwalda leftover, is lurking in the Pyke Inn's second floor, head in the roof. He talks about Christianity, making him even stranger.
  • Several Fugitives still possess Brytenwalda names. "Cyny of Caer Riderch" for example.
  • Lord Rickard Karstark apparently has two daughters named Elise, and his other daughter Bethany is betrothed to Lady Maege Mormont.
[/spoiler]

Localisation Issues
[spoiler]

• Syrio Forel said to a male protagonist: "Yes, (Sir/Madame)?"
  • HarrenHall should be spelled Harrenhal.
  • Date in current game has been displaying as: (REGI} of the Fourth Turn, 298
  • On the main menu for the village of Flint's Finger (owned by me) the last line reads: "The Populace is indifferent to you (-3) Lorath King of Lorath". The fief and I are both loyal to Stark.
  • Upon swearing fealty to King Robb of House Stark, I gained +12 relations with House Stark (ok), -100 with Greyjoy and Lannister (good), and +1000 with the rest of Westeros and Essos. (not so good)
[/spoiler]

Item Issues
[spoiler]

• Currently, Longswords are One Hander/Two Handers and Bastard Swords are only One Handers. AFAIK, Bastard Swords are so named for being One/Two Handed and Longswords are usually One-Handed.
[/spoiler]

I may tack onto this again soon, as I have tomorrow off and have been playing a bit, but those are what I got jotted down last night. Let me know if you require more elaboration on something. Notably, religion seems to be working better for the Old Gods. Haven't seen as much for anyone else, but I am thinking of starting a R'hllor character next and winning Mannis his throne.

I'm also trying to collect some of the bug lines that are constantly popping up regarding courtship. So far, it looks like a bunch of invalid troop ids...though I also suspect that because the characters aren't complete, this would be pretty buggy. Please advise if I'm wasting time on this.

UPDATE: I am not sure how this happened, so I will need to see if it is a bug or if I inadvertently upset half the known world, but suddenly most of Essos and House Arryn have become hostile to me specifically, while remaining at peace with my liege lord, Robb Stark. They all have a "vengeful" attitude towards me. I will be playing later, and will test this more.

I wouldnt worry too much about the courtship event bugs, i will tackle this later.

Heres some info regarding Longswords http://www.thehaca.com/medsword2.htm#.U4ZECfldVU8
In short, they can be classed as one and two handed swords, or indeed both. Though i have correctly labeled the bastard swords for the next patch.

Regarding some of your strings, you did start a new game after the patch update? Seems strange your getting problems with string identifiers, this is normally what happens when you dont start a new game after changing module files, which is why i ask.

I did indeed start a new game after patching. I will re-apply the update and start afresh, however. Something may well have gone wrong on my end, as I have seen other times in other mods.

As for the swords, my perception is probably colored by far too many D20-based games. I gladly accept your--and ARMA's--assertion on the matter.  :)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview