Loader
logo

Kham's Bug list (v 0.4.0) - outdated

Started by khamukkamu, March 27, 2014, 02:26:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 27, 2014, 02:26:26 AM Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 10:08:00 PM by Produno
Hi all, I'll start a bug list for the devs that I'll frequently update as I play the game.

All issues that require screenshots will be placed here: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B3KmMUNAyIh4Y1BSenI3b0V0RE0&usp=drive_web

1. One "short spear" was held incorrectly by my character, one hand was holding the blade. Basically it looked like it was misaligned with his hands.

2. The people of Hornvale village were walking into walls, wandering aimlessly. Also, according to Asoif wiki, Hornvale is a castle.

3. A thin pillar in the Red Keep (if you face the entrance door) is bright white (untextured? lighted improperly?)

4. There are still some Brytenwalda claimants. I saw 2 in Pyke - screenshot available. - FIXED

5. There was an "Abbot" in Pyke (New Gods). I told him that his gods were false and I lost relationship with Greyjoys (who is supposed to have the Drowned God religion)  - Screenshot available - FIXED

6. Got script errors when I entered the tavern in Pyke. Too many to list down - Screenshot available. FIXED

7. Some farmers, caravans, and lords were walking on water - Screenshot available - FIXED

8. Script errors when a lord gets defeated (courtship_event_troop_court_lady) - Screenshot available

9. Sea traders always get stuck "bumping" land. Saw this occur a lot near Greyjoy area - Screenshot available FIXED

10. Leaving lords army will "complete" freelancer quest and give player XP, without consequence (freelancer bug?). This can be exploited (join, quit, join quit etc).

11. Occurred once while enlisted: Lord besieged a castle -> player chose Join Battle -> text showed, "enemy escaped but siege continues" -> player is brought back to choice menu (join, desert, etc). Basically, I had to click join battle more than 20 times before the battle was actually joined. Let me know if this is unclear, Ill describe it more. - FIXED

12. One of the Night's Watch units (forgot the name) is bootless - Screenshot available. FIXED

13. Old Gods faith is hated in Winterfell (which is supposed to be of the Old Gods, right?) - FIXED

14. Cannot select "Battered Mail Shirt." Error occurs (unable to find mesh long_mail_tunic_a_jco) - Screenshot available - FIXED

15. Reach Cavalry is horseless - Screenshot available. FIXED

--I'll update again during the weekend--

Thanks.

Would probably be best to hold off on posting bugs until 0.5.0 is released. Huge amounts will be changed in the next version. I may want it testing before releasing on mod db so if your free in a couple of weeks and up for the challenge ( and want to play before everyone else ) let me know.

Hi Produno,

Sorry for the late reply. I'll only be truly free (more than just 1 hour of gaming) in 2 weeks, as I am busy with work. However, if me dedicating a few hours this weekend  would be enough to help you, then sure, I can test for you.

Let me know what you think.

Well, it wont be ready for a couple of weeks. So ill just post here again when it is and you can let me know if your available?

Even a couple of hours someone else testing is a couple of hours less for me, which ultimately means an extra couple of hours working on new stuff :).

Alright then. I'll help you out with the testing (btw, I've added a few more bugs in the OP. Do you have an updated known issues list, so I won't bug the ones you already know?)

March 28, 2014, 03:55:01 PM #5 Last Edit: March 28, 2014, 03:59:05 PM by Michadr
Quote from: khamukkamu on March 28, 2014, 01:58:16 AM
Alright then. I'll help you out with the testing (btw, I've added a few more bugs in the OP. Do you have an updated known issues list, so I won't bug the ones you already know?)
This is the bug list > http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?topic=102.msg518#msg518, I try to keep it updated as much as possible.
(updated it with yours)

Good job here, thanks guys!!

11. Occurred once while enlisted: Lord besieged a castle -> player chose Join Battle -> text showed, "enemy escaped but siege continues" -> player is brought back to choice menu (join, desert, etc). Basically, I had to click join battle more than 20 times before the battle was actually joined. Let me know if this is unclear, Ill describe it more.
--I'll update again during the weekend--

Any idea what Lord and which Castle?

I believe it was a Night's watch lord, and we were beseiging the Fist of the First Men. Don't remember which lord though sorry.

Basically, the menu kept popping up everytime I clicked on "Join Battle," having a line of text appear saying "The Enemy has Escaped, but the siege continues." There was no other option but to desert the commander. After I kept clicking numerous times, the battle was started.

I think this is a side effect of another bug i think ive now fixed. The bug was a problem with the code for the nights watch faction, so i think thats why funky things were happening.

On another note the nights watch will only be able to go to war with the wildlings in the next version. And obviously the player too.

I may try and see if i can code a trigger so i can stop everyone else going to war with the wildlings unless the nights watch ever gets defeated.

Good to know!

Alright. Btw, are you alright with the way I have been updating that list, or would you rather me keep posting a new reply for a batch of bugs? Also, do you have access to the screenshot link I posted?

Yep everythings fine, your doing a good job.