Loader
logo

[2.0] Issues with bows ( range and arrow trajectory ?)

Started by Junior, September 25, 2017, 02:16:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello, congratz on the 2.0 release I was waitinf for it so far :D !

The first thing that I have saw in this version is the possibility to get a lot of timber right now and it is really a major improvment for me ! ( I like to have my settlement inside the Wastelands area to plunder all villages :D)

However as a pure bowman as in my playthrought, I still have difficulties to get a good bow ( I have only found the masterwork hunting bow), I don't know if it is a question of timing or no but the shots with a bow seems without any power, the range and trajectory doesn't seems correct ( same range with a bow/ thrown weapons < crossbow ?)

I don't know if it is normal or not but I'm surprised to not be able to do "sniper" shot  :-\

With this mod, If you stroll through any town and find the weaponsmith npc, you can upgrade your weapons to masterwork in the dialogue. Same for armors.

As for the trajectories I'm unsure. I've been using a short bow for my current play trough, and though I feel that it falls shorter than I want I don't know if thats intentional- I only started using bows since the damage was increased in 2.0.

The bows are modelled off real life counterparts. I measured the average distance shot with each and made them comparable to what they would have been IRL.

Quote from: Produno on September 26, 2017, 02:13:01 AM
The bows are modelled off real life counterparts. I measured the average distance shot with each and made them comparable to what they would have been IRL.

;D ;D ;D ;D

Quote from: Produno on September 26, 2017, 02:13:01 AM

That's why I love them. I can judge distance by eye and that is immensely satisfying. You did well.

Quote from: patrickokra on September 26, 2017, 12:30:15 AM
With this mod, If you stroll through any town and find the weaponsmith npc, you can upgrade your weapons to masterwork in the dialogue. Same for armors.

As for the trajectories I'm unsure. I've been using a short bow for my current play trough, and though I feel that it falls shorter than I want I don't know if thats intentional- I only started using bows since the damage was increased in 2.0.

Same for the tips I didn't even know that possibility to upgrade weapons... ::) I still hope that there is better bow than the short one, I'm still looking for one with 98+ speed, 92+ accuracy, +35p  :D

Well you have the same feeling as mine, it's difficult to describe a good trajectory, but arrows seems to fall to early unlike a real bow shot (maybe ~10-15m too early). As for VC it is normal and good to get weak bow because it is really accurate with the era. But in the GOT's era bow are already deadly and far more used than crossbow ( cf GOT Telltale game, GOT TV show : look at those Ygritte shots ).

@Produno : I tried to make some shots with the cursor at the starting position, and my best one doesn't reach more than 34m. Maybe I'm unsure myself too but 34m ( shot distance ) at full power/power draw at 9 "looks weak". Also small question I can't find an answer but is there better bows than the short one ? :D Thanks you all for the answer by the way :D

I'm not sure what you mean by cursor at the starting position? Normally when shooting a bow at distance you need aim into the air.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview