Loader
logo

How to disable heavy armor from lowering stats?

Started by jhuseby, June 20, 2016, 04:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Is there any way (it doesn't look like it in the options, so I'm assuming I'd be editing txt files), to disable medium/heavy armor from lowering character stats/skills (athletics, power strike, power draw, etc)?

June 23, 2016, 05:16:03 PM #1 Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 05:21:39 PM by jhuseby
This is what I'm referring to (sorry my print screen only showed a black box for Warband, so I had to use my phone to take pics).  Seems like a very great mod that I'd love to play, but can't get into a mod where I put on armor and lose 2 skill points in PS/PT/PD and Athletics.  If anything, the weight penalty for armor should lower your weapon proficiencies (which I believe it already does in Native mechanics, your active Weapon Proficiency is lowered based on the weight of your armor/weapons).  And your athletics is already affected by weight of armor/weapons equipped in native mechanics.  Have this lower your actual athletics as well, is overdoing it.  Can you tell me what to change in the game mechanic text files to remove this feature, or implement an option to disable it?

*EDIT*  Actually since I really want to continue playing the mod, I'll just cheat and add 2 extra skills to PS/PT/PD/Athletics (Export character, modify character skills via text editor, import character)

June 23, 2016, 07:27:53 PM #2 Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 07:29:35 PM by Riven
camp, go to mod options, preferences and disable stamina feature

PS: Produno, if you read this, there is gear that don't have penalties text but it does affect your skills, it happens for a lot of betas, do you want a few examples?

I did that, and have closed/re-opened the game multiple times "Enable fatigue/stamina system" is unchecked (it was checked by default).

Happened on both version 9.5 and 9.6

Quote from: Riven on June 23, 2016, 07:27:53 PM
camp, go to mod options, preferences and disable stamina feature

PS: Produno, if you read this, there is gear that don't have penalties text but it does affect your skills, it happens for a lot of betas, do you want a few examples?

Yes please.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview