Loader
logo

Non Hero Companions

Started by Sabbthiel, December 25, 2015, 01:33:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Can you get other lords' retainers like John Snow to join you?

Well, I am sorry to say but you can, sort of. :P

At least it was (8.5 but not sure if was also on 8.6) luck based. The lord companion would have to be captured in battle and afterwards be "convinced" in the prisoner dialog menu. The part i am sorry about is that i actually rather liked this detail, i recall gathering some 4 companions this way and despite the fact they had no story or extra dialog after becoming companions, they did have good stats and gave a sense of "epicness" simply by having them in the party.

P.S. : love the mod, Produno, thank you for your time and effort. On a side note, registering on this forum was harder than going naked into a tournament against a full lord roster :S

Quote from: heretu on April 13, 2016, 09:30:41 PM
Well, I am sorry to say but you can, sort of. :P

At least it was (8.5 but not sure if was also on 8.6) luck based. The lord companion would have to be captured in battle and afterwards be "convinced" in the prisoner dialog menu. The part i am sorry about is that i actually rather liked this detail, i recall gathering some 4 companions this way and despite the fact they had no story or extra dialog after becoming companions, they did have good stats and gave a sense of "epicness" simply by having them in the party.

That would be quite epic, but should probably only happen for certain characters who might do it in the story, or have varying degrees of difficult getting other lords on board. Some might require hefty bribes for example, or really high persuasion.

I kind of like the idea of being able to bring non-hero characters together, despite their opinions of each other.  It would allow you to role play as though you were a Mance Rayder type fellow.

I too miss the NPCs. They were like some smaller lords that would join you if you were strong enough, i felt a lot stronger and more important with them on my company. Are you thinking of bringing them back the way they were in beta 8?

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview