Loader
logo

Just a bunch of starter questions

Started by DocDewrill, July 17, 2018, 01:03:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Aloha!

1.:  Discord
Why doesnt this mod have a Discord server for quick exchange of information?

2.:  "own Faction" 
So,  how does one foudn his own faction? i figure i would be able to create vassals then?
I dotn want to overthrow another faction and take their political stats with me, but rather found my own factions with my own House.

3.:  Vassals
If i were to eb able to foudn my own factions, can i make any of my companions to vassals witht heir own armys like Bronn or Shagga?  or do i have to capture a army-captain from another factiosn like Thormund or Halfhand?

4.:  Settlement
Can i upgrade the settlement to a status wher eit actualy works as Settlement? and maybe even get a appropriate display on the world map? i woudl love to repopulate and conquer Skaggos the ISle to the north-east of Karhold.

5.: ive read somethign about Reforging Valyrian weapons?  is there an option to actualy reforge a valyrian weapon into a diffrent weapontype? like a Polearm or 2h weapons (axe/hammer?) after i obtained one.

thansk for awnsering :)

You can start your own faction that doesn't involve attacking another faction by finding a quest where you rebuild a castle.

You can make your companions into vassals, you get an option in their dialogue that says "can you hold a fief for me?", they will always say yes and they become a vassal of your faction.

As far as im aware the settlement never really becomes like a castle if thats the way you mean, I could be wrong. You can store troops/items/hide in it etc but I've never had a situation where they have ever attacked it.

You cannot rework an already complete valyrian steel weapon, most of them are held by lords but you can get 3 (swords) from doing quest line or purchasing

Quote from: DocDewrill on July 17, 2018, 01:03:15 AM
Aloha!

1.:  Discord
Why doesnt this mod have a Discord server for quick exchange of information?

2.:  "own Faction" 
So,  how does one foudn his own faction? i figure i would be able to create vassals then?
I dotn want to overthrow another faction and take their political stats with me, but rather found my own factions with my own House.

3.:  Vassals
If i were to eb able to foudn my own factions, can i make any of my companions to vassals witht heir own armys like Bronn or Shagga?  or do i have to capture a army-captain from another factiosn like Thormund or Halfhand?

4.:  Settlement
Can i upgrade the settlement to a status wher eit actualy works as Settlement? and maybe even get a appropriate display on the world map? i woudl love to repopulate and conquer Skaggos the ISle to the north-east of Karhold.

5.: ive read somethign about Reforging Valyrian weapons?  is there an option to actualy reforge a valyrian weapon into a diffrent weapontype? like a Polearm or 2h weapons (axe/hammer?) after i obtained one.

thansk for awnsering :)

Ad1) No idea

Ad2) You must finish the Old Valyria quest, to gain political free fieft

Ad3) Yes U can!

Ad4) No

Ad5) U can only chose once and only between onehanded and twohanded sword. I'm quessing U are thinking about the other GoT based mod.
Valar issi Targaryen.

Tanks for the awnsers lads!

Wasnt thinking about another mod,  but there is supposed to be a Valiran Battleaxe that ocne was in House Crabb. was hoping for somethign like that.

second favorite weapon would be a Bastardsword, but seems i stay limited for now :P

managed to plow down the nightswatch in a bloody attritounus War with loads of ledn-money and can finaly call myself Lord of my own House. Yay!

Another couple of questions:

1.: Womens
My personal goal for this playthrough is it to get my hands on MArgarey Baratheon/Tyrell.
Question is, since she starts married to Renley,  coudl i technicly start a War with him and THEN start seducing her?  maybe marry her by Force?  seduce her while i hold her prisoner? or should i wait for tournaments in Stormsend aqnd try to Woo her that way?  what would be the most effective approach?

2.:  Vasalls Armys
So i gave Podrick control over the little Village south of the Shadow tower, he seems happy, but he only has a couple of Nightswatch soldiers with him,  i think i left them in the shadowtower garrisson instead of re-positioning them to the Wall (where i store all my Nightswatch plebs)   can i reasign troops to gendry?   i eman i can give him troops yes, but i would like him to get rid of the nightswatch plebs.

3.:  So, the Freefolk doesnt like me  (-5 suspicious) and even though im at +20 relation with most of their armys and mance aswell, i cant seem to find a way to get a better relation with the faction as a whole.
Any ideas?

thanks again in advance!

Maybe If you will wait for some game days (I don't know how much but I think more that 100 ) something bad will happen with Rennly .

I don't think that you can take troops from him , and near Wall there is a lot of willing parties ,so maybe he just lose them in battle ?

If you are holding any nightwath fiew that maybe that can be problem with Widlings ,but idk .

If U want better relations with some faction, U must look for a moment when some of their lords/caravans are fighting in a battle, then go and help them... It will give U some relations... Same goes with helping defend a fiefs or villages...
Valar issi Targaryen.

You can't marry Margery but if you want some fun with a Tyrell Lady you can marry her aunt (Jenna or sth like that). She only appears at feasts in Highgarden.

The Night's Watch villages will keep supplying you with Night's Watch troops, they don't change culture (afaik). So even if he gets rid of the troops, he will probably have new soon.

For better relations, you could search for imprisoned Free Folk lords to free them. Or just send them some money by talking to your minister if you are already a faction leader.

Reforge Valyrian steel if you have finished the main quest. Or buy it if you haven't. Both at the weaponsmith in Qohor.

If you had a castle on Skagos, e.g. by moving Quartigar there with morghs editor, your vassals won't be able to visit you for feasts because there is no harbor. Ofc you could also move the harbor close to Quartigar to Skagos. But don't forget the village of Taelon if you do so ;)

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview