Loader
logo

How to recruit Lord's Companions?

Started by Mediocrity, March 16, 2018, 02:28:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
You know, people like Jon Snow, Loras Tyrell, etc.

I was told that I could do it by getting them taken prisoner in a castle and then sieging that castle, so long as I'm at war with both the faction I'm sieging and their faction. But every time I try and do it, I still get their generic messages. Is there a way to recruit them?

Quote from: Mediocrity on March 16, 2018, 02:28:10 PM
You know, people like Jon Snow, Loras Tyrell, etc.

I was told that I could do it by getting them taken prisoner in a castle and then sieging that castle, so long as I'm at war with both the faction I'm sieging and their faction. But every time I try and do it, I still get their generic messages. Is there a way to recruit them?

For King's Guard it works that way, but only if you have conquered King's Landing and are the Lord of the Seven Kingoms. For the other npc companions that are attached to another lord/king, you need to wait for them to be captured by another lord, and then rescue them before they are imprisoned in castle, so basically you need to wait for them to be captured after a battle, then battle the army that captured them. Even by this method, you still only have a certain % of chance to have them join you. Mind you that I never actually tried this, but it is what people who played the mod more have said.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

March 18, 2018, 06:23:00 PM #3 Last Edit: March 18, 2018, 06:31:39 PM by King J
You don't need to own King's Landing. And after you freed the captured King's Guard, it's better to take them prisoner and recruit them like normal soldiers (by talking to them, not in the camp menu). So you avoid the possibility of negative response when you ask them to join you.

It's impossible.

they will say "i am busy" all the time.

I can't  even take them out of my prison.(my lords bring them to my castle).

or i found the wrong NPC?

I freed Jon Snow from captivity in a castle. Will he return to the lord commander?

is it possible to capture the companions of other lords like mance raiders? ive fought him like 50 times and it doesn't seem so

As far as I'm aware companions of other lords must be captured while they're in an army, doing so after they are imprisoned in a castle won't do it and they'll return to their lord. Alternatively it might work if they're prisoner of someone else and you fight and win that someone. I'm not absolutely sure anymore because this feature has been messed with often by Produno, so you guys should ask him personally for the definite answer.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

In castles it is possible that it only works when you are at war with their factions cause than you can take them prisoners instead of just freeing them. But it definitely works, I did it  myself not too long ago. (Only with King's Guard though, other companions are impossible to recruit)

Quote from: King J on May 03, 2018, 09:52:21 PM
In castles it is possible that it only works when you are at war with their factions cause than you can take them prisoners instead of just freeing them. But it definitely works, I did it  myself not too long ago. (Only with King's Guard though, other companions are impossible to recruit)

Ah yes, ofc in that specific instance I suppose it would work. Taking them into your personal custody from the prison and then recruiting them into your army.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview