Loader
logo

How to Install

Started by Ben, April 18, 2015, 09:13:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hi im really new on installing games so could you tell me how to get it on the game and all

Just download the file off ModDB then extract into your warband modules folder. If you want to install the hotfix, download that off ModDb and extract that into your A World of Ice and Fire module folder you just created, making sure you overwrite everything it asks.

Are you sure about that? I tried that and it had no effect. I think its because its extacted into its own folder so it will not merge anything. You need to open the extracted folder and copy paste all the contentes into the mods main folder to overwrite anything. Can I get confirmation if that is correct because that was the only way I could get any kinda result.

Yeah that's correct. Sorry I missed a step, I normally always open the folder in WinRAR then extract its contents.

So yeah its the contents of the folder you extract that needs to be put into the Beta 7 module folder.

Hi, I've tried to install the patch but it doesnt work. When I have put in the contents of the patch folder into the full version and overwritten everything the game wont start correctly. It just loads up the first loading screen of native warband and then it closes after the loading meter fills up like 1/4. Im on mac and I have got the 1.2 version to work. Maybe you could make a video to show how to install the patch? Or just help on the thread. Thanks in advance

I just got Viking Conquest, do I need to reinstall the mod, or anything else in order to get the features of the dlc within the mod? thank you.

Hi, I'm also trying to install this mod and I've completed all the steps you guys mentioned above but when I launch the game it crashes during the first loading screen and I get an "RGL ERROR" message saying "Unable to open file: Modules/AWOIAF v1.3/Resource/textures.brf". Are there additional steps? Did I miss anything? Would really appreciate the help as I'm really eager to try this mod to see how it rivals ACOK. :)

I have the exact same issue. Download 1.2, move to modules folder, i copied over the patch files to the 1.2 folder, then configure MB to open the World of Ice and Firce File instead of native. It loads 1/4 of the way on the original mount and blade load screen, then crashes.

However, if I download the mod via Steam Workshop, the game actually loads and you can go through character selection and everything, but once you get to the main map, everything is a weird off-white color. The street is also white, as are mustaches and trees in town.

So side-loading the mod on Mac results in total failure, while Steam Workshop just results in a lack of textures properly loading. Perhaps there is a happy middle ground?

I tried copying over the textures from the patch to the Steam Workshop file, but that crashed the game as well.

Not sure what to do :(

Yea I have the same issue and it's quite annoying

Try going to configure then to video and check load textures on demand. It mostly fixes all the texture bugs.

Quote from: tr0lljegeren on July 21, 2017, 01:59:29 PM
Hi, I'm also trying to install this mod and I've completed all the steps you guys mentioned above but when I launch the game it crashes during the first loading screen and I get an "RGL ERROR" message saying "Unable to open file: Modules/AWOIAF v1.3/Resource/textures.brf".
So I'm getting this problem,

Quote from: Efarys on July 29, 2017, 10:48:15 AM
Try going to configure then to video and check load textures on demand. It mostly fixes all the texture bugs.
and I've tried this solution! It still doesn't work. Please help.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview