Loader
logo

Food keeps going up in sieges?

Started by SeanO, September 11, 2018, 05:12:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
There's something weird when I siege a castle or city.  First the food doesn't go down by 1 day every 24 hours.  I can sort of justify that as being due to casting out women and children etc when that happens.

However sometimes the amount of days of food left goes UP.  It's really frustrating besieging a place (Lordsport - which you cant assault due to a bug) only to find that it sits on "11 days of food remaining" for 3 days and then on the 4th day its gone up to 12 days!

Does this happen to anyone else / what is the cause or how can I solve it?  Cheers

So I've just finished the siege of Lordsport (with great difficulty - given you can't actually fight when the enemy sallies out). It took 38 days for their 12 days of food to run out and for them to starve into surrender. It took about 30 days for the food to run out and another 8 or so to actually starve them until they surrendered.  What gives????

did you notice that their troop numbers dwinddle during this time? or did that not happen?

they did a little bit - they went from 500 men to ~430 or so due to the occasional skirmishes etc. However I took over 400 prisoners when I captured it (starved it out because I couldn't fight) so that didnt seem to account for the changes in food.  I was outnumbered so I wondered if that had something to do with it.

I built a circumvallation and did all of the other siege things ( sanitation, loot and raid nearby farms, etc).

I also have this problem. I was sieging Riverrun and the food didn't go down.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview