Loader
logo

fire arrows/damaging wights

Started by thenorthremembers, September 22, 2017, 07:16:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Does the feature for troops switching to fire arrows actually work now in terms of damaging wights? and if so does it work in normal battles and sieges?

I know produno doesnt want to make it easy by adding obsidian troops or anything but surely we are going to have a way to damage them on the battlefield other than your player, companions and vassals that have valyrian/dragonglass weapons?

If not this means at max your going to have maybe 20 something men that can actually do damage to the wights on the battlefield at one time vs 100s of wights?

I'm all for difficulty but not the impossible ;)

Well... Uh.. Tutorial says it's "T".

Message displays when pressing "H". But that's only for sieges and ship battles.

Currently it only works in sieges and ship battles. Some troops automatically have fire arrows though. Ie the nights watch.

Both were basically two mods, so ideally i need to create one that's continuous. So i enable everyone to switch to fire arrows anytime but reduce the rate of fire or something and do away with the actual arrows that act like fire arrows. Though i would also need to get the ai to use them which means merging with motos ai code.

So its not a simple fix.

Hi there,

Had a question on Fire Arrows.

I bought the Fire Arrows and equipped it with my Short Bow.

However I do not see any "fire" effects on the arrow when I aim nor fire out. Is there something I need to set?

You have to have particle effects (something like that)  turned on to see, same  as with thoros of myr's fire sword.

Can't do a quick testing by comparing with Fire Sword as it looks like 3.0 removed the Fire Sword from Thoros of Myr..

Also the Fire Arrow may be bugged.. I just tested it in siege battle, neither T nor H works, the arrow does not have a fire effect.

Tried to search for the mesh for fire arrows and it points to "arrows" and a weird "fire_arrows.TGA" is in the resource file.

Gona put this in the bug report.

Thoros definitely still has it as of 3.0 i've seen it burning away every battle lol did you turn particles on? and as for the fire arrows only certain troops have them such as the nights watch archers as of right now so it may be that your archers don't have any fire arrows to use, you may want to try giving a companion some but to be honest the animations for the fire arrows aren't that great at the moment.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview