Loader
logo

Each Wight is a God

Started by Godass, October 10, 2017, 07:20:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello !

So... Here is the thing, I brought my 500 brave elite northern boys north of the wall to hang out in the Lands of Always Winter...

And.. Speed dating happened.

60 or so Wights, a few Wight Giants and a White Walker. I'm like : " Yeah ! Happy Meal and Glory ! "

The battle lasted 7 minutes

More than 400 men died and only 11 Wights died from my valryrian sword. No one was killed by my men.

So, here is my question : In the lore, Wights does not need valyrian steel/obsidian/wildwifre to be killed... Why a man with a two-handed steel battle axe can't kill a Wight ?

Quote from: Godass on October 10, 2017, 07:20:42 PM
Hello !

So... Here is the thing, I brought my 500 brave elite northern boys north of the wall to hang out in the Lands of Always Winter...

And.. Speed dating happened.

60 or so Wights, a few Wight Giants and a White Walker. I'm like : " Yeah ! Happy Meal and Glory ! "

The battle lasted 7 minutes

More than 400 men died and only 11 Wights died from my valryrian sword. No one was killed by my men.

So, here is my question : In the lore, Wights does not need valyrian steel/obsidian/wildwifre to be killed... Why a man with a two-handed steel battle axe can't kill a Wight ?

The idea of the wights was to make it very difficult for players. I agree they're maybe a bit OP, but you can always use fire arrows.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Quote from: Produno on October 11, 2017, 02:06:01 AM
http://gameofthrones.wikia.com/wiki/Wights

Even decapitating a wight will not kill it.

Thanks for clearing that up.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

I have a Doubt about dragonglass...

According to books and tv show, dragonglass is deadly against wights and whitewalkers. Does the same thing happen in the mod? I haven't faced them yet.

Also, how to obtain dragonglass?

Quote from: thenextking on October 12, 2017, 12:30:07 AM
I have a Doubt about dragonglass...

According to books and tv show, dragonglass is deadly against wights and whitewalkers. Does the same thing happen in the mod? I haven't faced them yet.

Also, how to obtain dragonglass?

Dragonglass is called obsidian in the mod. Attainable from Free Folk and yes it does damage them.

But is it Possible to Equip Dragonglass or Valyrian Steel to your Troops some how?
Or at least get a Troop with Dragonglass? I mean at least you could equip your Companions which such Weapons but my last Encounter with the White Walkers was around 300+ Stacks and that is something my 9 Companions alone should never be able to beat.

Quote from: Taki on October 14, 2017, 07:27:59 AM
But is it Possible to Equip Dragonglass or Valyrian Steel to your Troops some how?
Or at least get a Troop with Dragonglass? I mean at least you could equip your Companions which such Weapons but my last Encounter with the White Walkers was around 300+ Stacks and that is something my 9 Companions alone should never be able to beat.

Not as far as I'm aware, but I believe that fire arrows will kill wights. Then you just have to kill the white walkers.

Current implementation of White Walkers & Wights completely ruins the game.  Neither T or H makes your troops use fire arrows.  Your army gets decimated playing out the battle, they get decimated simulating the battle.  The invasion, as of now, is utter, unwinnable bullshit.  I guess by endgame you meant, make you rage quit and never want to play the mod again.  I've seen 3 white walker armies: 1,000/2,000/4,000 strong.  To win a simulated battle you'd need to field an army of 15,000-45,000 fully leveled troops, not possible.  I tried simulating an army of 1,400 against their 2,000 and killed a little over 200 of them.  Broken AF.

November 26, 2017, 01:39:57 AM #9 Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 01:42:38 AM by Produno
What do you expect to happen fighting the undead? At the moment they don't really do much, so you don't even need to fight them. They are just an annoyance, hardly game breaking.

Nights watch have the arrows to kill them, so trying to look after them is no joke. I have added plenty of ways for the player to do that. If you let them die or get wiped out then thats just your bad, you will need to find another strategy to beat them.

These guys are meant to be difficult, they are meant to make you use your brain and strategise. Thats why they are end game. It would be pointless if they were easy, they would then be like every other troop in every other mod and offer nothing different.

Besides, im sure jon snow rage quits when everyone died from wights at hardhome... or dany did when her you know what was hit! :)

Anyway, you lost your army, rebuild and try something else.

Hey,
I see your point in making the wight invulnerable to anything that is not supposed to harm them lorewise, but in this case the player should be able to act in consequences.
Adding dragon glass wielding troops in a permanent way may not be very realistic but a castlle/town upgrade to allow you to equip your troops with such weapon is for me a good way to keep it fun, playable and respect the lore. After all, it makes no sense at all to own Dragon Stone, seeing the Dead coming and do nothong of this juicy mine of Dead killer over your feet :).
With the mechanics of using fire arrow, pressing a button to tell your army to use dragonglass weapon should be feasible right ? I know nothing on modding so it is a open question.

I just want to end it by saying that it is commendable to make this amazing mod as close to the lore as possible, but doing it on an unilateral way because of technical issue may be a bit too soon. Wight impervious to all except dragonglass/dire/valyrian steel ? Meh. Doing it while allowing the player to use realistic (so hard and quite rare) way to deal with it ? Dreams becoming true.

No offence if you take any ! I want to be constructive but English is not my best language

Quote from: Alex333 on November 26, 2017, 04:55:54 PM
Adding dragon glass wielding troops in a permanent way may not be very realistic but a castlle/town upgrade to allow you to equip your troops with such weapon is for me a good way to keep it fun, playable and respect the lore. After all, it makes no sense at all to own Dragon Stone, seeing the Dead coming and do nothong of this juicy mine of

I agree with the Dragonstone stuff, it would be much important and lore friendly  if there was something connected with Dragonglass on Dragonstone island. perchaps weaponsmith from Dragonstone would give a player some sort of obsydian spears or something...
Valar issi Targaryen.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview