Loader
logo

Battle issues

Started by Splexo, February 05, 2019, 02:24:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
So i recently started to play mb again because i played it a lot as a child and wanted to try again. So i started this mod and started to play. On maybe day 150 i came into my first major battle maybe 300 vs 200. I had my battle size on 350 and as soon as the battle started my game got really laggy. My fps dropped to 30 and stayed like that for the whole fight and it sometimes dropped to like 10 or 12 fps. Now i started to wonder if it was only the mod because after this fight i went to viking conquest and tried there again with a custom battle and 350 battle size and the same result, 30-35 fps and drops to like 10 or 12 fps. I would be very thankful if someone had a fix for this. :(

PC Setup: Ryzen 1700x
               Asus ROG 1070 OC Strix
               16 GB ddr4 Ram
               Windows 10 Pro 64 bit

and the game runs on an ssd.

The game is not designed for new hardware so it may not run as well as with slightly older hardware.

350 battle size is also quite high, you could try turning it down to around 300 and adjust some of your options in the mods options menu. Turning advanced AI off will help a lot but it puts the AI back to native.

Quote from: Produno on February 05, 2019, 02:40:56 PM
The game is not designed for new hardware so it may not run as well as with slightly older hardware.

350 battle size is also quite high, you could try turning it down to around 300 and adjust some of your options in the mods options menu. Turning advanced AI off will help a lot but it puts the AI back to native.

Is it Really this high ? I saw people with way cheaper hardware running it at 60 fps with 800 units.

Your system is about on parr with mine, im just on a 1080.

FWIW - I 'm set at 600 and have few issues, set at 700 it was 60/40 whether it went stop motion but about 600 seemed the sweet spot

Seems to be related to who you are fighting IMO. Some units are just more taxing it seems, more polys, less optimized textures etc.

FWIW, in this mod, turning off the graphical menus seemed to improve performance across the board but could just me projecting

I'm trying to find it but cant. There is a thread somewhere about setting up NVIDIA for Warband. You are suppose to turn off some settings. Some of the AA and I believe the threaded optimization. I got VC during the Winter Sale so I just did all that a couple of months ago. Only game where turning Vertical Synch on or off made the least bit of difference,

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview