Loader
logo

Battle fps severe FPS drop

Started by Dae, January 14, 2019, 12:23:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
Hello,

I've been looking alot in the forums and I see no subject concerning this issue in the recent version. The only mention of a similar bug was in the version 1.168 a year ago.

I have the version 1.174 of and using steam so latest version of the mod available there.
I tested with the minimal graphics options, while I can normally do 300 battles with max graphics on the normal game.
With this mod, even a battle of 50 total troops gets me important stuttering and fps drop the second the NPCs start fighting. Everything before is fine and once again the option are minimal so no ragdolls etc.

Weird thing is if I fight alone there are no issues. Same on the arena and tournament. It's just in the field battles or quest (ei: the bridge with wildling and black), it becomes less then 1 fps.
I do have load textures on demand enabled.

Can't understand what I'm missing. Also for some reason when I play I have the impression the ENB is way darker than the youtuber's for exemple.
It's a fresh install and had installed warband specifically to play this mod so no other mods or files.

Any ideas ?

What are your specs, and have you tried reinstalling everything?

Hi.
Thanks for your reply.

I tryed and also verified the integrity of files.
As stated, fresh install of the game.

My specs are :

- i7 960
- R9 290
- 16go DDR3
- Samsung EVO SSD
- Windows 10 x64

Reduced the resolution to 1980x1080, still same issue.
It's happening specifically when NPC troops clashes even very small groups, so I doubt it's system specs related.
The current PC can run warband with 300 troops easily and I suspect it can only do so many because of the M&B engine limitations.

This used to be an issue if the game was not updated due to an operation missing for the added AI in field battles. No idea why it's happening here if yours is upto date.

Youcould try turning the improved AI off in the mod options.

Are there other games that do this? My motherboard gave me a lot of stutter because it went bad.

OMFG! The motherboard?! I've been having total random stuttering singe a year and I thought it was windows 10 being windows 10 thus derping!
I would have thought that if the motherboard was going bad I would have other signs tho? The thing is when I get those stutters usually a restarts fixes it. Any pointers for me to check it out? See if it's really the MB?

You can look at your task manager and see if everything is running okay.  I was getting 1.20 Ghz when it should be 3.5.  I tried overclocking, and adjusting numbers in bios but it was just a bad motherboard.  Now that I replaced it, I can run games at 60fps easy with decent graphics.  In this mod I can have smooth 300-400 people in battle without stuttering and dropping below 50 fps now.

Also, I had the same issue for about a year until I figured out it was hardware. 

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview