Loader
logo

What's your favourite? [Mod spoilers]

Started by H3YimDR3W, September 29, 2017, 12:35:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
September 29, 2017, 12:35:27 AM Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 12:37:14 AM by H3YimDR3W
Hey guys, I just want some opinions on people's favourite - Troop(s), Faction(s), Army setups and character loadouts?
And why are they your favourite?

My favourite troop has got to be the Veteran Freeriders, they're so fast on those horses they can even run down the dothraki below horselord (a great benefit to me when I usually run Essos into the ground as a mercenary)

My favourite faction/culture is still Valryian, the crown lands troops really just destroy everything when it comes to all-round for me.

My favourite army set up has got to be 25 veteran Freeriders, 9 companions (decked out as heavy cavalry same as myself), 100 Lys Veteran Archer, 125 Unsullied. This seems to be the perfect set up for me to play that old Hammer & Anvil tactic while still being able to chase down other cavalry units with my Veteran Freeriders.

My favourite character load out is Masterwork Valryian Greatsword (2H), Masterwork War Bow, Large Bag of Broadbend Arrows, Masterwork Spiked Mace. Whatever the highest defence armour I can get is (I get hit a lot due to no shield) and usually the 51 speed sand steed, even better if I can get a stubborn one for the extra 5 hp! This play style suits me, I'm able to wade in and deal destruction with my sword or to sit back and pick off the dothraki as my Freeriders chase them down. As for the mace, we all love prisoners don't we?  :P
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

I love Valryian too. Dragon Gaurds are amazing. Where can I get the War Bow?

It seems to be extremely rare, I found one in Dothraki town once, never been able to find one since (so it could even have been a bug) as I'm not sure if it's supposed to spawn on vendors.
Got a question? PM me <A href="http://aworldoficeandfire.co.uk/Forums/index.php?action=pm;sa=send;u=41087">here.</a> (I am in no way affiliated with this mod's development.)

Quote from: H3YimDR3W on September 29, 2017, 07:33:53 AM
It seems to be extremely rare, I found one in Dothraki town once, never been able to find one since (so it could even have been a bug) as I'm not sure if it's supposed to spawn on vendors.

Thanks mate. I will try to look for it.

I've discovered this by accident by hiring Red Priests that were held captive by a party of Exiled Knights in Essos. If you hire Red Priests you can upgrade them and the of their troop tree is a horse archer unit called Fireborn, these units have over 300 archery proficiency which makes them the most effective horse archer units I've seen so far. They're really cool to have but hard to get since you need to find them as prisioners in order to hire them. They're totally worth it though if you're into horse archer units.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

Favorite Troop.... thats hard... i would say Vale Archers or Crownlands Knight

Favorite Army... HOUSE TARGARYEN, Crownlands in otherwords

Favorite Loadout gotta be The New Targaryen Plate Armor ( u can see it in my profile pic... almost... dont know how to post pics) Great Helm, Plate Gauntlets, Steel Greavers, Thors Sword(flaming sword), Lance, Heavy 2handed Axe, and Kite shield. Horse is usually Destrier.
Ser Jaime Knight

Quote from: Ghosty on October 01, 2017, 08:58:43 PM
Favorite Troop.... thats hard... i would say Vale Archers or Crownlands Knight

Favorite Army... HOUSE TARGARYEN, Crownlands in otherwords

Favorite Loadout gotta be The New Targaryen Plate Armor ( u can see it in my profile pic... almost... dont know how to post pics) Great Helm, Plate Gauntlets, Steel Greavers, Thors Sword(flaming sword), Lance, Heavy 2handed Axe, and Kite shield. Horse is usually Destrier.

The armour that you get from Varys questline? I admit it does look VERY cool. But doesn't fit my usual playstyle. I run around with big weapons on a little horse in light armour.

Quote from: H3YimDR3W on October 01, 2017, 09:03:52 PM
The armour that you get from Varys questline? I admit it does look VERY cool. But doesn't fit my usual playstyle. I run around with big weapons on a little horse in light armour.

Yes That one... idk it fits me cuz i ride "heavy" horses and shield and a lance, and i use it cuz its looks ****** sick :D. id love to see that armor on dragon knights though
Ser Jaime Knight

Quote from: Ghosty on October 01, 2017, 09:17:22 PM

Yes That one... idk it fits me cuz i ride "heavy" horses and shield and a lance, and i use it cuz its looks ****** sick :D. id love to see that armor on dragon knights though

Yeah, maybe not that exact set, as NO other heavy cavalry is loaded up like that, but it would look pretty cool to have the dragon on them.

Yeah, maybe not that exact set, as NO other heavy cavalry is loaded up like that, but it would look pretty cool to have the dragon on them.

No, **** no, ofc not the same set... but the dragon armor would be sick on them... and btw i just sieged and took over Kings Landing, guess who controls the iron throne now! :D
Ser Jaime Knight

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview