Loader
logo

Ver 2.0 Cheat Menu

Started by qeudtion, September 18, 2017, 05:21:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic
So I read in the 2.0 changelog that the "find an item" cheat is being removed. What the reasoning for removing this?

Produno's words:

I have no problem with people that cheat in the game. It just doesn't allow me to do the things i want if its kept.

Imho, cheating gives you things you usually must work for, and that makes the game boring depending on what you cheat. Without cheating, getting the sword or piece of gear you want makes you feel you've accomplished something.

Quote from: Riven on September 18, 2017, 07:50:10 AM
Produno's words:

I have no problem with people that cheat in the game. It just doesn't allow me to do the things i want if its kept.

Imho, cheating gives you things you usually must work for, and that makes the game boring depending on what you cheat. Without cheating, getting the sword or piece of gear you want makes you feel you've accomplished something.

Your fun =/= somebody else's fun. If someone has more fun with the cheatmenu than they would without, then why take away from that fun because you don't think it's fun.

Regardless of that, if it didn't allow him to do certain things, then that's a reason that makes sense.

Well, the second part was Rivens thoughts.

Keeping the find item menu could cause your game to break if you select certain items, so leaving it in would be wreckless. Plus keeping it in would de-tract from the work done one the Wights and Whitewalkers for instance. No point allowing them to be killed with the correct weapons (which took a huge amount of time to code and bug fix) if you can just cheat in them weapons.

That's just two examples.

Good thing I am a master of morghs editor! Ahahahahaha!

However TweakMB will never work, even with the items_knd workaround everyone promises works, even the smallest edits will completely break the mod. Oh well. I didn't need to make the game any harder I suppose.

Quote from: Produno on September 18, 2017, 11:36:39 AM

Keeping the find item menu could cause your game to break if you select certain items, so leaving it in would be wreckless. Plus keeping it in would de-tract from the work done one the Wights and Whitewalkers for instance. No point allowing them to be killed with the correct weapons (which took a huge amount of time to code and bug fix) if you can just cheat in them weapons.

Oh that's really a bummer. I really enjoyed being able to make my own custom troops and RP them as a personal household guard, and the find item menu really made it easy find the right style and equipment :(

I am sad about the Find Item Menu beeing removed but i see your point. Time to start searching for the good stuff i guess. :(

But then you can still use F4 command with cheat enabled to knock out all foes. I use cheat menu mainly yo have something to plan. See what armor sets look good, what weapons etc... and then start over with no cheating and work up to it. I'm sorry to hear it will be gone and wish it wont be, but you as a mod creator have every right to decide what you want and don't want in your mod

CTRL-F4 does not work on White Walkers unless you have a Valaryian steel Keyboard.  CTR-ALT-F4 just makes them chuckle.

Quote from: Tages Grey on September 18, 2017, 10:54:21 PM
CTRL-F4 does not work on White Walkers unless you have a Valaryian steel Keyboard.  CTR-ALT-F4 just makes them chuckle.

THIS. lmaoo. I tried it out just to see, and all I see gliding across my screen is "Dealt 0 damage".

Nope, gotta have some dragonglass, valyrian steel, or fire.

Quote from: Tages Grey on September 18, 2017, 10:54:21 PM

Searches 'Valyrian steel keyboard' :D

You can try "CTRL (+) \" then writing "cheatmenu" on the text box. Turn off with the same command then type "nocheatmenu" instead. Unless you already know that and the option was completely removed from the mod. I'm still on 1.3 for now so that worked for me.
~Every good king needs two sisters by his side, a hot sister, and a dark sister~

I know that cheat menu is cheating but for me it was really fun. Finding armour sets and getting great equipment was fun for me. The most important part was getting food as it was very annoying when you have a large army and have to constantly buy food. Can this change be reverted?

Quote from: Qwertyyyy on September 18, 2017, 03:35:02 PM

Oh that's really a bummer. I really enjoyed being able to make my own custom troops and RP them as a personal household guard, and the find item menu really made it easy find the right style and equipment :(

Same, except I RP'd coming over from Essos as the sole living Targaryen with my "inheritance" lol, which included a Valyrian sword :/

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview