Loader
logo

Registering problem

Started by Ronald Cooke, June 25, 2017, 06:23:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
I am so frustrated trying to register for this forum!  I do not know why you ask some of these questions like the one about gravity, what is the purpose of asking something like that which most people couldn't begin to know, don't you want people to register. I asked this question before and never got a response.  Please tell me how I can get registered without having to know questions like that which are a way above what most people know.  Thank you.

Just google it. Not that hard. All the questions can be googled. I had easy questions and bots still managed to get registered. I don't have time to constantly chase them, delete and ban them, delete posts from 100s of bots everyday. So this is the compromise, you instead have to spend a little extra time to research the answers. I think me and the ones that help have done enough bringing you this mod and these forums in the first place.

Ok, you make a good point I will give it another try/  Thanks for the reply.

I gave it another try and could not for the life of me get all the answers, I tried for almost an hour, I give up!!

lol I have to admit that I had some issues with capital letters in kingsguard I think XD. But actually nothing google couldn't solve for you ;)

Took me nearly a half an hour to get the questions correct as well. Almost gave up. Really frustrating.

I'm unable to register cause of this question - What is a homo sapien? a...:

I have tried every possible answer.... what's going on?!

All I want to do is report a gamebreaking bug in V2.1 but NOOOOO :'(

Can someone help please?

Why not use Google's reCAPTCHA. I used it on my website after getting tons of bot. 0 bots now.
None of us are free! We're all men of the Night's Watch.

Quote from: Radon on September 27, 2017, 07:26:50 PM
Why not use Google's reCAPTCHA. I used it on my website after getting tons of bot. 0 bots now.

As far as I'm aware I can only use what SMF allows me.

Quote from: Produno on September 27, 2017, 08:46:14 PM
Quote from: Radon on September 27, 2017, 07:26:50 PM

As far as I'm aware I can only use what SMF allows me.

Never used SMF but if you have access to the PHP files(or whatever they use to communicate with their servers), you can modify anything ;)
None of us are free! We're all men of the Night's Watch.

I have access to everything, its just finding time lol

I want to work on the website soon so I will probably have a look then. Specially now quite a bit of traffic is coming through here.

If you have any more suggestions for the forums then feel free to post in the forums suggestion section :)

I think you're doing a good job with forum moderation. As far as registering goes, I agree with OP. The gravity question was both confusing and annoying. The other ones obviously partaining to GoT are much easier and do the same job getting rid of bots.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview