Loader
logo

The Forums lives on!!

Started by Produno, March 28, 2015, 03:27:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic
March 28, 2015, 03:27:45 PM Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 03:50:44 PM by Produno
So, I only had two years domain time for the forums and the website, this time will unfortunately be at an end in the next couple of months. I was hoping a couple of donations would come in to help alleviate the expense but unfortunately hasn't done so. This means I shall not be renewing the server space and all conversations will be moved to the Taleworlds forums. I feel the thousands of hours ive put into the mod is enough without me having to also pay for stuff for the mod out of my own pocket.

Thanks to everyone that's contributed here and to the moderators that's helped out when needed.

If you are kind enough to make a donation now, we could maybe acquire enough to pay for another years domain time. It currently costs around £80 a year and our current quota runs out in July.

Just letting everyone know we now have enough to cover two years worth of domain time. So a massive thanks to everyone that donated, its very much appreciated by me and i hope from the others that use the forums here. Thanks.

UPDATE**

So, its been that time again although unfortunately the price has almost doubled for the same 2 year subscription service for hosting.

So after much deliberation I have decide to place a few ads on the site and see if that can generate any income to assist paying for the forums. I will see if I can place a toggle for any moderators or anyone that has donated towards the mod.

Once 2.0 is out I will tidy up the forums and see if I can update the wiki also.

Is it possible to put a bar or thermometer on the top so that the user could see how much has been raised?

Example: http://www.swgemu.com/forums/forum.php
"AT-STs will no longer be deployed on planets with an abundance of trees or other known obstacles such as rock-wielding primitives."

That's a good idea, when I get the time ill see what I can do.

I've recently found your mod and have had quite a bit of enjoyment playing it these past couple of days.  Finding out that you have put ~2 years of your time into it and were about to lose the forums for this seems a shame.  I've donated 80 GBP to give you another year on your lease.  Keep up the good work.

I tried signing up on your boards but the damn verification e-mail didn't come through =).

Psicopro

Wow, thank you very much!

Ive activated your account for you and set your account as donator.

I have a couple of pledges on my patreon site, one to create a claimant, the other to create a quest. If one of these is something you would like to do then let me know and we will get it arranged!

HUZZAH! HUZZAH! HUZZAH!
"AT-STs will no longer be deployed on planets with an abundance of trees or other known obstacles such as rock-wielding primitives."

Yes! I knew we could reach the goal! The forums live on! Long live the forums!

So, its been that time again although unfortunately the price has almost doubled for the same 2 year subscription service for hosting.

So after much deliberation I have decide to place a few ads on the site and see if that can generate any income to assist paying for the forums. I will see if I can place a toggle for any moderators or anyone that has donated towards the mod.

Once 2.0 is out I will tidy up the forums and see if I can update the wiki also.

Quick Reply

Note: this post will not display until it has been approved by a moderator.

Name:
Email:
Shortcuts: ALT+S post or ALT+P preview